I planned on doing a post about some thrifting I did recently, because I had such a productive time and super finds!! BUT,.... my heart just isn't in it!! In fact, just recently I viewed my cousin, Lani's post of her thrift store finds on her blog (Aloha From the Midwest). I am a bit of a shopping / clothes lover, so I enjoyed it!!
What is on my mind is a little too deep for the time I have right now. It is something that has been on my mind for a while, so I'll have to save that for a later post as well.
For now, I'll share what a whirlwind emotional roller coaster I have been on in just that last couple of days!! If you read my very recent post about Eden's case being cleared, than you may remember what I mentioned about Bereket's birth mother missing.
Yesterday I found out that Yared (the investigator for Illien in ET)found out that Bereket's birth mother had just stayed a night very recently, as in days, at a certain place. They were "hot on her trail" is what our ET coordinator told me. It actually kinda sickened me. It's like they are treating this as a murder case or something!! CRAZY!! She did her part, just leave her alone!! How horribly hard it would be for her to have to rehash things over and over and be reminded of her separation with her sweet boy!! The reality, though, as I am well aware of, was that if they COULD locate her, we could have a lot of our problems solved and a lot less time in waiting because she could have an interview with the embassy and tell them about Bereket's missing father as well. UH, hello, he is an orphan!! (missing father and missing mother!!) So, we were optimistic that they would locate her by today.
The news today is that Yared did NOT find her!! Sometimes there are pieces in this process I would rather be left out of!! Anyway, it is back to the original plan, to get an ad in the newspaper from the region she is from and run it for two weeks. The thing is, this is Ethiopia people!! You can't just put an ad in the paper. They have to have the police write a letter (different police this time and they seem to be willing to do this), submit it to the court from the region that Bereket's birth mother is from, and only after the court gives an order then can they put the ad in the newspaper. After 2 weeks, then they can get a letter from that same court that she has, indeed, disappeared, and then they can submit this to the embassy as evidence. THIS is why I am saying that it would be easier to just have Bereket's mother show back up!!
The embassy has not requested this. Our agency is just being proactive and trying to second guess what the embassy could request. They are doing their best to try to keep things moving and to get things worked out, thankfully!!
Happy Weekend~
ANGELA
8 comments:
So does it make you want to go and get Eden by herself?
Ohh bummer..I hope it all works out..and Soon!!
Oh my word! This seems to be turning into the night-mare that never ends.... but I know it will. I just hope this happens very quickly so you can start loving on those kids! Thanks for continuing to share, as we think of your situation often. Keep up your strength!
PS. Talked to my mom today and she said that Luke B. is going to college there and will be in their meeting!
I was thinking like Kylee. I know it would cost more to make two trips, but it would be so nice to have one settled and on this side of this big world. So sorry that Bereket's mom is being so hard to find.
I sure all works out and that you will have both little ones in your home safely forever.
What a bummer :( So hoping for GOOD news for you soon so you can bring your sweeties home. Hang in there, sending love!
It is super hard to know that we COULD actually go and bring Eden home, but there is just no way we could afford 2 more trips, not to mention it is a BIG trip!! If we had an idea of how long we may have to wait for Bereket and it would drag into months later, than I wd feel more compelled, but at this point we are remaining optimistic that we won't have too wait long for Bereket's clearance! Thanks for your thoughts!
Such a journey, isn't it?! With so many bumps in the road. I'm sorry for all the delays when EVERY SINGLE day counts. Sending love & hugs your way.
Love you. So deeply impressed you have been willing to take on the challenge that adoption can be emotionally. You are doing amazing. Hoping things get cleared up for you soon.
Post a Comment