We hiked into a lake in the Marble Mountains. It was approximately 3 miles. I don't know for sure, but it took us around 1 1/2 hours to get there and only a little over an hour to hike back out. It was quite an uphill hike for the first initial part of the hike but then just a gradual uphill hike the rest of the way, except back down to the lake. The kids were not overly impressed at the beginning of our hike, which turned out to be the hardest part of the hike all together. Bella rode on Mom's back in the ergo backpack. We contemplated leaving her with Grandpa and Grandma, since we didn't know how well she would enjoy herself. After talking with Cade, I told him she had a rough couple of days after the kids were all at school and I felt like we shouldn't leave her by herself.
We were happy that is what we decided. She did such an awesome job!! She was constant chatter, asking a LOT of question, which I wasn't overly appreciative of, since I was carrying her up the mountain and pretty much of out breath!! Bella got tired of being in the backpack when we were almost there, so we let her out and walk the rest of the way to the lake. She is so funny! Once she said, "I'm walking crazy!" when we were walking the steep trail down to the lake.
We're goin' hikin'!!
Luke B. braved the trip with us.
Beautiful - actually breathtaking, but it was hazy looking into the morning sun. That is Mt. Shasta!
That would be a wildflower (or weed) in Bella's hand. She was picking flowers while on my back!! On the hike back when she was walking she would get to picking flowers (because "they are so pretty," she would say) and we would have to remind her to keep up with the person in front of her.
The last leg of our journey to the lake and Bella was walking with the help of her big sister, Katreese.
The hike was all worth it when we got to the lake!! It was so beautiful and no one was there!!
Lunch time and we're all hungry~!The girls declared this to be a perfect camping area (and as you can see, it is!) Forgotten was the hard hike and now they are talking about going back again to camp out!
My hubby is not a fisherman but the first time putting the fishing line into the lake and he snagged a fish!
The girls were right there and so excited!A nice sized fish too!
Luke and Cyrus were on the other side of the lake fishing. No luck!
Bella is all seriousness while sitting quiet for the fishermen.
Her and I just relaxed and soaked up the sun on the rocks.
Father and daughter fishing!
I told Bella she should take a nap on the rock. Here was her attempt!
What a grand time it turned out to be! We didn't have a lot of time since we had to get Cyrus back to football practice in the afternoon. It also took us a bit longer drive than it should have to find the trail we wanted. What great fun to catch a fish too! Bella sang as she walked back on the trail ("up the trail we go, up the trail we go!"). I carried her up the trail out of the lake, but she walked nearly the whole way back!! What a little trooper. When we got back to town we dropped Cy off for practice and then Luke offered to buy birthday dinner! When I took Bella to the restroom she told me, "That was a fun fishing day we had!!" Loved it!!
The birthday boy! I give thanks often that I am married to such a wonderful man and a great friend! More often than not, I just wish I could spend more time with him! The summer keeps him busy and we don't get a lot of time together! I am glad that he helps to keep me centered!
Such a long post, but I have a hard time choosing only a few pictures!!




























4 comments:
Looks like some fun hours spent together! I know what you mean when you say you wish you could spend more time with your hubby. My husband works a ton in the summer, and then just normal hours in the winter as a cropduster. I frequently feel like a single mom and I really hate that. I'm sure glad it was in god's plan that we would have husbands! I really like reading your blog! Keep it up! Also, you should tell Luke "Hi" from us. He and my husband were young kids together in Tillamook.
Lenaya,
Thanks for your comment!! I will be sure to tell Luke "hello" for you!! What a small world, esp. amongst the friends!! I can so relate to you feeling like a single mother at times, yet I am always glad when my other half is with me!!
I checked in on you tonight, Angie! :) What a wonderful post! I enjoyed the "Gma" post too. I think she had a Happy Bdy, some "soup," monkey bread, a couple cakes, some flowers and candy..and the next day she and your uncle went to DM and had lunch with Auntie Linda. I wonder who the "cousin and wife" who had a baby would be?! If it's who I think, he has my dad's middle name, which hasn't been used before! I was wishing I could share that w/ my "Auntie Doris.." I think she would have been pleased. They were good friends. Love seeing the picts, and glad your hubby had a happy birthday day, too! LV ya! AB
Barb,
Refresh me what Calum's middle name is?! Neat, and I am sure Gma Doris would have loved it!! Can't seem to get a hold of Gma Gretchen! She's a busy lady!!
Post a Comment