We are Family

We are Family
July /2015

Saturday, September 17, 2011

A Little Something on our Saturday

My guys are gone hunting!!  Yep, it's hunting season, so my hope of getting some special alone time with my hubby is out the window!!  I have to say, though, that he loves this time of the year and I love when he and Cyrus have a great time together.  Oh, and if you haven't noticed, we still haven't left for Ethiopia, so he CAN go hunting.  Add a little extra stress to Cade's work life since his Dad is in Africa and his brother is guiding hunts in WY, and that is all the extra reason for Cade to get out and go hunting!

I am not a big fan of hunting season, as many know, but today has been a quiet, mellow day around our house and that is very welcomed!  The girls have been enjoying playing and just being home!  I have been telling myself this is a "fun day" and so I am not doing any necessary work around here!  I am still experimenting with t-shirt applique designs and materials!!

           Some sweet girl has a birthday coming up!!

 I loved how this frog turned out, but it did not cut as well with the cricut.  I used the Steam-a-seam 2. 

                                                          A new baby girl?
A late baby present for a baby boy.

 I couldn't resist making a revised edition Ethiopia shirt for me!  Big love!!

This turtle is using the heat 'n bond. 

My thoughts on my latest experiments:  The heat 'n bond actually seems to cut better with the cricut because it makes it thicker.  I think it also adheres better, too, but I am not sure about that.  When Bella wore her flower shirt this week, it actually started coming off on the top (steam-a-seam 2), but I am wondering if I didn't have my iron hot enough, or didn't iron it quite long enough.  To be on the safe side, I added stitching, which I think looks nice anyway!  I like the steam-a-seam 2 because I like to add stitching for detail but I am also wondering how it will hold up to wash and wear, as far as staying well adhered!!  The heat n' bond seems to be cheaper than the steam-a-seam 2!  I'm looking forward to feedback on how well the appliques hold up!

 I am thankful today for:
morning run
girls being home
drinking my Peets coffee leisurely with my bible
Saturday
phone conversation with a fellow LPCH mother
afternoon iced coffee (call me an addict - HA!)
girls entertaining themselves and getting along well!!
  
Clarabella was so happy this morning to find that the girls were home for the day!!


Have a great weekend!!


 

2 comments:

tjp said...

That frog is adorable! I've only used Heat & Bond and it works well. I have Steam a Seam, but haven't used it for applique...hmmm...

Angela said...

Thanks, Tammia!! As I said, I am still "trying out" the steam-a-seam to see how durable it will be with wash and wear!!