We are Family

We are Family
July /2015

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Sewing Fun on Saturday!!

I have some how managed to get some time in my craft room doing some fun projects.  Part of that reason would be knowing that I WILL be getting busier soon and I want to have certain projects done.  One project being, making the girls some skirts.  After a good find at Goodwill this week, I came home with some jeans that were in great shape for $2.99 each.  Since my girls have worn a lot of their jean skirts out, or grown out of them (Katreese has shot up), this seemed to be like a pretty good option, not to mention a challenge I would enjoy.  I must say, it HAS been a challenge.  The girls have helped me take the seams out of a couple pair of their jeans because they have been anxious to get their skirts!! 

Doesn't Katreese look happy to get a new long skirt?  This is what she wanted and she chose this corduroy fabric to go in the middle of the skirt.


 This pair of jeans for Bella was a size 4T but the crotch was really long and the legs were super long.  (These I didn't get at Goodwill.) I thought the skirt would turn out to be too long for Bella, but it turned out to be fine, still pretty long.  Bella insisted it was NOT too long!!  
 This is what the hair looks like after a long day!!  I put a jean layer behind the material in the middle of the skirt so it would be more durable and not breezy!!  It made it a little more difficult to work with but I thought it turned out good!  

Here are my girls posing with Treva's skirt after another LONG day (look at the hair!!).
                        Treva wanted a shorter skirt (so she can play sports in it at school).
    She was happy with it (you can tell it is not perfect, don't look, Mom!!) so I was happy!
This latest skirt for Katreese has been the most challenging so far!!  I did the double layer in the middle again and I just had a had time getting everything to lay flat!!
 I do have to say, though, I love the look (the dark denim with the middle fabric!).  I forgot to take before pictures of the jeans.

I did make a couple of Ethiopia shirts for some people who have requested them!!  Fun!  Gotta say, I am lovin' that!!  Anyway, a little update on what I have been doing besides being the MOM (and occasionally the wife when my hubby is home)!!

2 comments:

J K L M N O P said...

Lenore has made some of these and instead of ripping the seam she just cuts the seam out - big time saver and looks great finished!

Angela said...

wow, thanks for that tip!! I will try that!!!