We are Family
July /2015
Saturday, July 28, 2012
A Neat Story
Yesterday we attending a funeral for a faithful lady which was also Cade's Aunt Katherine's mother. Once again, it was a privilege to be able to make it to her funeral and to hear her testimony. I personally did not ever have the chance to get to know her very well!
Our day turned into a family day because of a funeral, but that's okay. We were all happy for an unexpected family day with the WHOLE family together! Cyrus and Treva just got home the night before so there was a lot of excitement and stories to be passed around. Maybe I may sound a little protective at times, but I just like my family TOGETHER!!!
Anyway, after time in town getting groceries and needed supplies, we finally settled on a very good pizza place. I believe every ONE of the kids were happy with the choice of dining for the evening and that doesn't happen all too often! (With six kids, they don't often get to choose either!) Anyway, we were all kicked back with our tummies full while we were finishing our meal and in walks a "mixed" family right by our table!! They had two children adopted from Uganda (2 other children - down syndrome & possibly biological as well).
Shortly after they settled and took in their surroundings, the lady looked at us and said, "Oh, I did not even realize there is another mixed family!" So, the conversation started! When they found out we only had the children home for nine and six months the mother looked at us kind of pitifully and said, "Oh, your still in your first year!! That first year is so hard!" Then the father said, "It was a lot like having them both on leashes and pulling them one direction and each one trying to go a different way!! Oh my, they completely understood!! Their two children are both nine years old (boy & girl) and unrelated! I don't know how long those children had been in their family but definitely for some time more than ours!
What a coincidence that they sat right by our table but I know that this brief encounter encouraged me in a lot of ways! Sometimes you get to feeling like your on a lonely road and not many people can really relate our understand and then to see the hope... a ways down the road. They had a very nice family. True, I don't really know that but from what I observed the children were very well behaved, respectful children!!
Ta-ta for now! Happy weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment