We are Family

We are Family
July /2015

Monday, July 23, 2012

Six and Nine Months Home


This week will mark Eden being home for 9 months and Bereket being home for 6 months so I decided to have a photo shoot.  The truth is, I am afraid summer will be over and I will not get their pictures taken in the traditional Ethiopian clothes that we bought Bereket and Eden (when we were in Ethiopia).  There is a good chance that Eden's dress will not fit her next summer, but Bereket's clothes will fit him for a while yet!!  

I was glad for willing and cooperative kids although I think Bereket was already on the tired side (or maybe bored??).  After all, sometimes I forget he is a boy!  (smile)

I was so happy with the outcome of the pictures!!  I will try to chose a few of my favorites but honestly there were so many good ones!!  I am a thankful Mom today looking on these pictures of these two precious children from Ethiopia.  The road has not been easy getting them here and adjusting but I am indeed a very lucky Momma!

first pose of both of them with their
traditional ET clothing.

great smiles here!

Love this one of them together!

love, love this one!!

It's hard to keep focused!


big eyes!

happy

beautiful smile!

a twist on the same pose - like it tho!

Our ET girl!

I wanted to get a picture of the whole dress!

This is the dress the Eden's Aunt bought
for her so it is very special!
 I had another purpose of getting their pictures taken because I wanted to make a frame for their room since I painted the wall in their room that the bunk bed is against and rearranged some photos.  After looking at all the pictures and trying to decide which pictures to include in the frame (it was hard) this is what I came up with pictures below!!


On a side note, I tried a new method on Eden's hair called "shingling."  Yeah, I know, it sounds weird.  I guess it's called that because it is kinda like shingling.  You soak the hair with water and then you take layers of the hair and put them in clamps and then you start with the very bottom layer and apply Kinky Curly curling custard (is what I used)to the hair in a very detailed way so you get the curl pattern of the hair and then you go to the next layer and continue until completed.  It actually takes quite a bit of time for the amount of hair Eden has and it isn't protective styling but makes for a great photo shoot! 

Happy Monday!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

These are beautiful!

tjp said...

Gorgeous photos--they both look beautiful in white (the dress Eden's aunt gave her is absolutely adorable). Good job on Eden's hair, too...so pretty.
(Oh, and you were quite the busy sewing mama!--cute!)

Jeanie said...

Such good pictures! Eden's hair is gorgeous! And what a handsome little man!

Lani said...

These are gorgeous pictures, Angela! They are lucky they got a Momma like you!