We are Family

We are Family
July /2015

Monday, July 9, 2012

Fourth of July Weekend (FRIDAY)

I was overjoyed that it worked out for a family trip this weekend!!  JUST WHAT WE ALL NEEDED!!  That is no joke!!  Since Daddy has been putting in extra hours working, summer is full time on (meaning all the kids are home and sometimes extras), and my "newbies" are over the new excitement of having all their siblings home (not as much attention to go around!), this was really what we needed!!  Thankfully, I could make last minute reservations at a motel on the coast on the Fourth of July weekend!! 

Friday we headed over to the coast to meet the Hernstedts who were on their way back home from their trip.  It just so happened that we reserved the last two rooms available at the same motel as them!!!  We packed a picnic lunch and met Troy and Connie and family as well as Corle May and Carolyn Sanderson at Fern Canyon and did a bit of hiking.

It was such an enjoyable time.  Of course, that evening after we checked into the motel and were ready for dinner, we realized that every restaurant around was going to be super busy and we had a party of 14!!!  (Four adults!!)  We called some places and then just decided to walk to a China Buffet that was close to the motel.  It was the joke of the weekend because when I was telling the young man the ages of all my children he kind of stammered and then counted on his tablet and said, "SIX CHILDREN?!!!"  We all had a good laugh about that since he was sure their must be some mistake!!!  The kids had a wonderful time in the pool at the motel.  We had a bit of excitement because Eden went under for a bit.  Treva wanted to help her and while I knew it was not a real good idea (Eden weighs quite a bit), I okayed it and then watched.  I think Treva lost her footing on the decline where the pool became deep and then Eden just pulled on her.  I quickly pulled Eden up out of the water and so it was not too dramatic.  I think it was actually probably a good thing for Eden to get a little more understanding and respect for the water.   



Beautiful

picnic lunch at Fern Canyon

Our hiking crew minus Bereket and I.

Minus Troy.

Troy and Connie's family picture!

Katreese and Shelby.

Chey and Bella.

The kids with Carolyn!

Looking around the Orick grounds.

The trees.
Chey & Bella again.

Walking with Bereket on my back.  Connie, Carolyn, and Corle behind.


the kids minus Cyrus, Daniel, and Bereket. 

They both are pretty excited to be in the pool!

Daddy with Bear and Eden.  (Treva is the blur behind!)

This was SO good for Bereket!!

Bella preferred the hot tub!  Can't say I blamed her!

She swam with Daddy some though!

CY!
  

No comments: