We are Family

We are Family
July /2015

Monday, July 9, 2012

Saturday on the Coast

I guess I take too many pictures to put on one post!!  The thing is, I took my nice camera with us and when I got it out it said I had to change the battery pack!!!  EERRRGH!  I always try to check things like this before I leave the house, but it was one of those last minute trips....  SO, I had my phone for pictures.  I do know that Troy and Connie got some good pictures on their camera, though, so their may be more later!!  

Saturday we had a relaxing sleeping in kind of morning (this was largely due to the fact that the kids were up very late)!!  My room was probably the first to rise since I had the "littles"  into bed earlier.  I woke to Bereket playing with the curtains.  He had a bed on the floor.  Anyway, after Cade got us sausage egg mcmuffins from McDonalds (that's the standard btw), he suggested the donut place real close by.  I was full for the egg mcmuffin, but it was too late!  The kids heard Dad talk about donuts and for those of you who don't know, donuts are a big weakness of mine (we honestly don't have them much, though, because I grew up going to fresh bakeries) so Treva and I took a walk across the street for coffee and donuts (way too convenient!!)!  Wow, they were really good!!  We brought back enough for everyone!  

Around noon we were all finally ready to head to the beach so we bought sandwiches to take with us!  This was Eden and Bereket's first time ever seeing the ocean so it was really fun to hear Eden and watch her especially!  We were glad the weather was nice but it was not overly warm.  The kids of course were all running around in their bathing suits getting wet!  Bereket was quite happy just playing in the sand for long time (probably mostly due to the fact that he was getting sleepy).  

I always say there are not many times when I can just sit and do nothing  (It's just the way I'm wired) but the ocean is one place that I can.  I thoroughly enjoyed sitting, visiting, watching the kids play, and getting in cuddles with my youngest since he was sleepy and finally fell asleep in my arms.  

Afterwards, we headed back to the motel and let the kids get the rest of the sand out of their swimsuits by getting in the motel pool (wasn't that kind of us?!) I have to say that I grew a little concerned as I looked in Eden's hair and sand was everywhere when we were at the beach!!!  She got wet in the pool and we washed her hair before dinner and it was much easier that I anticipated getting the sand out!!  I bathed the three littles and dressed for dinner and Eden went out to eat with a wash and go (that doesn't happen much).    We had made dinner reservations at the Somoa Cookhouse and were not disappointed!!!  It's a great family style dining place to take a party of 14!!

Eden was super excited!

Well, Bella was too!

Playing in the sand!  Bereket has some sensory issues
 so he wasn't too sure at first!

Bereket's tiny feet and hands in the sand - too cute!

So intent!

Going out to see the ocean with Daddy (and Troy)!

Coming back!

My freckle faced girl!

Shelby!

Momma and her little sleepy Bear!

Troy and Connie - a wonderful couple!!

Cy - boys will be boys!

Eden covering herself in sand.

sleeping, and yes, that is sand in the nose!

cleaned up and eating out!

What a great bunch!!
 

2 comments:

Deena said...

Great new header picture of all the family! And new red blog look is good...very energizing :))

Angela said...

Thanks Deena!!