We are Family

We are Family
July /2015

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Shop Space Put Together Again

Cade and I had our work cut out for us with the water damage, reconstruction, remodel, and putting everything back together again in the shop / craft space / workout area / extra canning and food pantry storage area!  Phew!  What a job it was but I am happy to say that my Excursion now has a roof to go under again and that means that all of our junk out of the shop has found it's place again (whether or not it went to the junk, scrap, goodwill, or back in the shop!)!

I wanted to post some pictures of how it has turned out and I do say that I am loving having it all back together again!

lovin this wall color!!

painting cupboards

took an old forest green dresser and repainted
 it / distressed it

the flooring, wall, trim!

LOVE the flooring!

kid's area w/ a storage area for toys / trucks / books

Cyrus made me this desk for my sewing machine
 (the top of the desk came from an old dresser!)! 

my craft area!!!

desk area

loved rearranging my brads / embellishments
 so they are easier to get to!

shelf organization



very happy with how everything is
and easily available.

12x12 paper, some material & sewing things
close to my sewing machine

my cricut with the cartridges close by!


the newly painted black dresser w/ distressed edges

corner area




view from a corner

utility sink, cabinet, & computer desk for now

curtains on the newly painted wall





one of the entry ways to my pantry/ canning / storage area

a fun find that is on a turntable

a cute way to display some of my embellishments

another fun way to have things easily accessible

fun hanging!
I still have some things I need to change and am not quite happy with, but all in all, I am excited to get going in my craft area!!  I was hoping to put new curtains up, but decided on just modifying the old ones a bit since the windows are SO large and odd size in there and I already had curtains!!  I do like the way they look back in there and put burlap fabric around the curtains to hold them back which turned out fun! My big, green wall still needs wall hangings, but I am happy with the colors and really focused on putting things out that I find inspiration from.  The cork board on the cabinet doors turned out very fun and I know I will have no problem getting them filled (smile).  The desk Cyrus made for me is perfect for my sewing machine, even if he thought it wasn't square!!  Anyway, .... a little of what we / I have been up to!

No comments: