It has been raining almost nonstop for the past couple of weeks. It makes for some gloomy, muddy days when the kids and I find it hard to get outside. This is probably the hardest time of year (as far as seasons go) for me because the first signs of spring are teasing me with flowers popping up, the grass greening and growing, and the trees are blooming. I'm itching to get outside and get my hands in the dirt but the rain is keeping me away.
With so much rain the daffodils are not looking very pretty but rather droopy and saggy. The blooms on the tree don't look very pretty either. Somehow, though, there is still the promise that spring IS indeed on it's way and that keeps me looking forward to the eye watering and nose running time of year (hay fever, my mom called it)!
I am thankful for the lesson there is in this for me. Sometimes we may have to look harder than other times to find the beauty in our dark days but it is always there. When we are focused on the gloom, things ARE gloomy but when we focus on the beauty, we realize how much beauty there IS and we can appreciate it! Kind of reminds me of my cousin, Val!! I appreciated so much that it never mattered what the situation was or who the person was, she could ALWAYS find something good to say!!






No comments:
Post a Comment