This is what Eden was familiar with. Every day, get dressed, wash face, brush teeth, and comb hair. So, I went along with that as I needed practice with her hair anyway. Her hair is so beautiful and she has a LOT of it!!! The problem is, it takes so much time to just comb through it, let alone style it!! This week I decided to put in some extra time (since she is comfortable with me styling her hair now) putting braids in so I could leave it in for a few days. I worry about putting too much "stress" on the hair by combing and styling it every day. I have done a lot of reading about AA hair. Anyway, this week was my first attempt at cornrowing. The first time I didn't get the cornrows small enough and she still had a lot of fuzz. By the way, I am working on multitasking, so she works on school work while I do the braiding!
This was the first attempt. I kinda like the look of the thicker braids!
This is the second time, in smaller parts.
A new thing: wearing a satin sleep cap to keep her braids nice while she sleeps!! I was so glad Eden had no problem with the sleep cap.
Yesterday I took this picture of the back with her braids only to the bottom of her head.
Eden has been pretty excited to know that I don't have to comb her hair the past couple of days. All I have to do is spritz her hair with water and put a littla aloe vera gel on her fuzzies to lay them down!
I wanted to add that after combing through her hair in 2 sessions with the nit comb (days apart, of course), she is nit free and lice free!! I am so happy and relieved about this!! The biggest thing (and reason for her itching her head) is that she had a dry scalp. One day this week I did a thorough job of putting jojoba oil on her scalp and rubbing it in. I literally poured the oil on her scalp. She has not itched her head since but I am sure having her hair in tight braids discourages that as well!





5 comments:
Her hair is beautiful! Love the cornrows
Great job on making her hair look beautiful. I love the last way you did it. Very nice that she is so willing for you to work with it because it wouldnt be easy to comb.
Angela you're doing an awesome job with the hair... looks amazing... love reading the blog
Hair is a funny thing, isn't it?! C's hair is on the complete opposite end of the spectrum...I've never seen such perfectly straight hair and I wouldn't have to touch it for a week and it would look fine. You are doing a fabulous job with Eden's hair--it looks beautiful and probably makes her feel that way, too.
Eden's hair is beautiful but then again all your girls have gorgeous hair. Eden is so pretty with her corn rows, my daughter would be so jealous!
Post a Comment