We are Family

We are Family
July /2015

Friday, November 4, 2011

A Bit of News on Our Little Guy

This week was Bereket's birth father's interview at embassy.  I was happy and relieved to hear that it all went well and the birth father made it there!!  Today we received an overview on how the interview went.  It was a lengthy interview and when Bereket' birth father told the lady that was interviewing him that the reason he told the investigator that he wanted his son back was because the investigator told him his son's kidneys would be donated if he went to America.  The lady shook her head a lot of times supposedly and then left the interviewing room and came back with a man and asked if this was the investigator.  Demise said, "Yes."  The investigator denied everything (of course) and it sounds like they went round and round and then Demise said that he had witnesses that were there that could tell the same story.  Anyway, he was asked if he was given money from our agency, which he denied and then he was asked if he was given money could he raise his son.  Demise told the lady that money would only go a little ways and he did not have a good environment to bring his son up and had no where to leave him when he had to leave (to work?). 
That is a brief summary of the interview, but all in all, it sounds like it went well.  It will be interesting to see now if Embassy will just sweep this incidence under the rug (with the investigator) or what they will do!!  The interview took place on Wednesday and we have not heard from Embassy yet.... hoping we will...!!!

In the meantime, we received new pictures of Bereket and a short video!!  Of course, the best pictures of him smiling were in the monthly update, which I cannot post.


I had to share this picture of Eden Yesterday.  I think she has finally let down after a week of being home.  This was her nap after her nap Yesterday!!  Today she also fell asleep at nap time!She has done wonderfully sleeping at night.  It has been amazing, really!!

I was thinking about some things that I don't want to forget about Eden's first days being home.  She has practically carried sliced apples everywhere with her and even slept with them (in a bag).  She loves meat, but it has to be cut into really small pieces so she can eat it.  Every meal she asks, "Meat?!!"  It is a good thing we don't pay for our water!  I love to watch her flush the toilet and then just stand there and watch until it is completely gone!!  She loves to watch the water come out of the faucet and play in it too!!  In fact, that has been a great source of entertainment for her while I comb her hair!  She is completely fascinated with the microwave, the dishwasher, and the telephone.  She has now started trying to answer the phone, like the older kids!!!  Oh, and I don't want to forget the other night, after we picked up the girls from school and we were listening to kid's songs and then she was singing, "B-I-N-G-O!!" 

Happy weekend to you all.  I already explained to Eden that Daddy no work, Cyrus no school, Treva no school, and Katreese no school tomorrow, which she understands!  She was super happy!!

5 comments:

Marla said...

Glad the interview with Bereket's father went well and so now you get to play the waiting game again. I am sure that Eden will enjoy the weekend when her older sisters will be home!!

Jenae said...

we are so happy for you all

Anonymous said...

Glad that all is well for you guys!!

Dallas, Lisa, Zane, and Ayana said...

yay for news about Bereket! my guess is it won't be long til everything falls into place for you to get him too! :)

Lenaya said...

Oh- thank goodness his birth father gave those answers!!