We are Family

We are Family
July /2015

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Gone Hunting

My big guys came home from their successful hunting trip to Colorado this Saturday.  After them being gone from home for so long, we were all very happy to have them home and the kids were super excited to see Daddy and Cyrus as well!!  As hard as it is to willingly and happily let my big guys go, I always feel appreciative of them when they get back!  Hunting is a sport and this is the one sport that my hubby gives himself to... I could go on, but since I wasn't raised with hunting or guns in our home at all (gasp!) I have had a hard time accepting the sport.  (I still have no desire to shoot something!)  When I look at the quality time Cade and Cyrus had together, though, I am glad they had the trip to make memories together and have a vacation.  Wait, was it a vacation?!  Hmmm, Cade slept all day Saturday after getting home!! (smile)

Cade and his brother John went with Eric Alexander and they all took one of their kids, which was pretty sweet!!  

 
Cyrus' bull

Although it was the smallest elk, Cyrus was pretty happy
 after working as hard as they did to get it!

Cade's nice buck!

Cyrus with Cade's buck


Jennika's bull!

Cyrus and the girls with their prizes!



1 comment:

KimP said...

Yay for meat in the freezer! Totally hear you on not getting involved in their sport. With three of my own, there isn't even a need for me to shoot something! Congrats all the way around. :)