We are Family

We are Family
July /2015

Monday, November 4, 2013

Change of Scenery

I took the kids to the coast this weekend.  My last long run was on Saturday (before my race) so we put our things together and loaded up and went on our way.  I was grateful for such a beautiful clear day driving there and back.  We were also so glad for clear weather on the coast although it was cool!  Even though it is no small thing to pack up (even for one night, yes!!) it was well worth the quality time away I had with my kids.  Believe me, there was one point when I was asking myself, "Now, why did I think this was going to be a vacation to go to the coast by myself with the kids?!"  

A couple of stories from the weekend:  Saturday evening after being at the ocean in our duds and the kids playing in the sand and such, we decided it was dinner time.  I wanted seafood so I looked up some places on my phone.  The one I chose was a fancy restaurant which I didn't know but it was rated high so I chose that one for good food.  We found the place and it was small and high class!  The lady asked if we had reservations and I said, "Errr, no! (as I looked at my kids & I in our duds!)  She asked how many and incredulously looked at each one of the kids and I.  She asked if we could squeeze around a small table and I said, "Sure!"  Heads turned everywhere as my kids and I paraded through the restaurant to our table which just so happened to be right in the center of the room!!  However, as much as I didn't enjoy the glances and stares our way, I was extremely proud of my kids.  Each on of them!  They used their manners, sat nicely, shared their food nicely (it was expensive)and used their quiet voices. 

After getting back to our motel the kids wanted to go swimming so we changed and headed to the pool.  Eden was a little high strung that night after such a good day and feeling a little excited at all the fun and different activities.  Anyway, Treva saw her walking towards the deep end and Eden was too busy showing off her swimming tricks to notice (I was in the hot tub at the moment)and she looked at Treva but quickly disregarded her warnings.  Pretty soon Treva was shouting for me, there was a lot of flailing in the water, and Katreese was able to right Eden before I needed to jump in after her!  It was very scary for everyone.

All in all, though, it was a good experience!  To the kids and my delight, there was a fresh donut bakery across the street from our motel so the kids and I had fresh donuts on Sunday morning!  YUM!  Later in the day, the kids ran off their sugar high! (smile)     


our beautiful drive!

getting to the ocean!  excited kids!



my kiddos with the ocean!  love it!!

running and together - yes, such a nice change of scenery!




Playing in the sand is so good for Little Bear


couldn't get enough picts of my kids enjoying one another!

Eden taking Bear's hand

Bella headed back to Mom.  She decided is was too cold getting wet!

Treva helping Bear run in the water.

Katreese and Eden

Uh, what's going on?

woah, there go the pants!

Big sister says, "Lets take these back to Mom!"

Eden and Katreese

together... enjoying one another....makes this Mamma's heart very happy!


a bit cool?!!

Katreese

Treva's pict of the sand

 
Just beautiful!

 Our second day at the beach...

sister pict per request



Sisters enjoyed each other's company and went running up and down along the shoreline that we had to ourselves!

lunch time.  A little sand?  No worries..

because my kids are just happy to be at the ocean, with the sand and shells!

Little Bear enjoyed himself even more the second day and
really got creative making things in the sand.


Bella was so proud that she found this smooth hard place to write her name!!

Treva and Bella

Treva, wow!  Where does time go?
 She is almost a 14 yr old!!

Love this picture Treva took of the girls talking and playing,
oblivious to the camera!

Katreesey

Eden was very happy and enjoying herself!

sisters!

such a cute pict of Bella girl and her cold cheeks!

Little Bear was too busy to be bothered
 to look at the camera!

We came home with a lot of these things...
 shells but more than that... memories!

1 comment:

tjp said...

Looks like so much fun! And those beach pictures are gorgeous!