We are Family

We are Family
July /2015

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Friends Are the Best

There is nothing like a friend to just step in and be my right hand helper, a willing helper who wants nothing more than to share and help in my every day!!  Heather B. was such a help and encouragement this week for me!!  She said whenever she is headed down the river to our place, driving in the driveway, and coming back, that it feels like coming home!!  I love that and it also feels just right, like she is back home again when she steps back in to our home and family. 

I was in a really low place when she came this week and I wasn't even sure if I wanted her to see how hard things have been but that was before I really weighed it all out in my mind.  The truth is, Heather only saw the every day struggles many mothers would have with six children.  Eden and Bereket were both on their best behavior, so it was actually a nice break for me besides having Heather's great cheerful disposition in our home really brought a lot of sunshine!!  She loves music so we sang together with the piano and she helped me teach a song to the kids one morning on the way to school (I had been working on.)  One day we went shopping together with my friend, Aleesha.  I had been planning that shopping trip for a while so it was only merrier having Heather with us!!!  Heather was excited to help me can Habanero salsa one day and another day we canned applesauce!  I was so happy to have her help and loved her company!!!

Heather is off to new and big changes in her life.  She will be moving to Billings, Montana to take up a job there.  It will be quite a change for her from being raised in the bay area (Morgan Hill) and she had the last couple of years in Sacramento while she went to nursing school.  I am very excited for her but I also feel kinda like I am losing a friend because I know I won't see her much in the next years after she starts her job in  Billings!!

 
eating warm homemade applesauce!!

Habanero salsa


Heather's last morning before the
 younger kids went to school.

Heather and I

So I try my best to not look at this as a "good-bye" but "see you again" and think of so many great memories we will always have shared!!

4 comments:

acceptance with joy said...

Sweet fellowship and a break from shenanigans! What a blessing. I know those low places.... and I know what a refreshment a little fellowship can bring.

Angela said...

Yes, it was very refreshing! I feel like I get so buried in my own problems / challenges!!

Shana said...

How nice to have a little time together before she heads to Montana! We have loved having Heather here in Sacramento these few years! She always said how much she loved visiting you all!

Angela said...

Yes, Heather is great!! Everyone loves her!! She is going to be missed around here!!