We are Family

We are Family
July /2015

Monday, October 14, 2013

Eden's Sunday Look and Hair For the Week

I am trying to include my kiddos in on my "clothes watching" fun blogging posts!  Yesterday Eden wore her Gymboree zebra skirt that I got for her this summer on a great sale (SUPRISE!!)!  You will learn that I almost always purchase our clothing with coupons, on sale, or a thrift stores!!  It's the best way for a family of eight!!  This is also to encourage some of you who may think you can't afford new fashionable clothing.  The truth is, if you watch clothes and prices (this is not easy for me having to travel for shopping btw!) and learn to shop thrift shops, you will be surprised how easy it is!!

As I have mentioned before, I usually put away summer clothing (white skirts, white shoes, light material clothing) and store them separately but I always try to keep in mind (especially if I particularly like something) if there is any way to make it into a winter outfit!!  Eden's skirt is a bit light but paired with some leggings and boots and a nice sweater, it can be worn for winter also! 

Apparently, I am really into animal prints right now!  I love the zebra print with pink especially!!!  Pink looks nice on Eden so instead of just wearing black or white with it, I had Eden wear a pink sweater for extra warmth and then if it got too hot for her, she could take off her sweater.  I find this important with Eden.  She will wear something all day long and be freezing cold or sweating and not say anything to me, although she is getting better.

Last week Eden's hair was free (except for one front part to keep the hair out of her eyes) and I managed it each day, spritzing it with water and I have been trying out a new product for her curls.  It is called Mixed Chicks and is a leave-in-conditioner.  I have heard about this but have liked the Kinky Curly line.  After just one week of using this, though, I have to say that I really like the fact that it feels like it is putting more moisture back in her hair.  It's thicker than the kinky curly curling custard.  I have been letting Bereket's hair grow out more and have been using this same product on his hair and I love it for him because it manages to keep his curls nice all day and it is not a strong girly scent (Cade is particular about this.)  I will continue to use this and give another review on it for those who are interested!!

For Eden's hair, below, I co-washed it on Saturday night (that entails a pre-poo (coconut oil) and then ACV rinse) and I have been also trying out the Mixed Chicks Deep Conditioner - you let it sit in wet hair and then rinse out).  After Eden got out of the bath I lightly dried it and put in the Mixed Chicks leave-in conditioner and that helps detangle as well.  Then, that night while it was still damp, I styled her hair with the Cantu shea butter pomade.  If anyone is interested I could do a post on what is working for our Ethiopians hair right now.  After almost 2 years of Eden being in our home, her scalp has finally cleared up to where she hardly ever gets the itchy scalp!  As you can see, below, her scalp looks clean and very healthy and happy!!!  YAYYY!

This is her hair do for the week!

It is probably one of my favorites!

cute in pink

and zebra
 

1 comment:

Shana said...

Her hair looks fabulous! Glad you found me too! I'm having fun reading through some of your posts! I am a sale shopper too and love the thrift store- just got a shirt for one of the boys today!