We are Family

We are Family
July /2015

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Gift of Life

I feel a little reserved in sharing a story that really isn't mine to tell.  Yet, my life and my family have been impacted most definitely.  Once again, I turn to my writing (blogging) in feeling my need to vent and let out my thoughts and sometimes feelings that are filling me, wanting and needing an escape!

When you walk away from an accident that looks like this:







It can't help but make a person thankful and feeling like they were being watched out and protected by the ONE who gave them life and breath.

There were four passengers and the eldest sibling (a senior) driving them to pick up their mom from the airport.  They were all excited to see their mom after a couple weeks of separation (which does not happen often at their house!)  A deer in the headlights, driving on the interstate, swerving, getting off the freeway into the gravel, loss of control.  Ambulances picked them up and took them to the hospital, all of them.  It is a mother's worst nightmare.  I am only beginning with my children driving and don't know how I will ever survive!!

However, this is family to us.  Cade's brother's family.  My kids go to high school with their oldest two children that are still in high school.  It hits home, maybe even more so than the dirt bike accident for Cyrus especially, who is driving his sister to school these days.  It hits home that no one is immune.  A reminder.....

Is it wrong to say I feel thankful?  I think not.   Cade and I had been laying in bed, conversing about our own problems / challenges when the call came that there had been an accident.  All things were put in perspective.  That is not to say that our challenges have diminished or are small, but I was thankful for the need to just look up and take our focus off our "hard" and be thankful for what we have.  We are so thankful for the fact that every one in the vehicle walked away from the accident!  It truly is amazing!  

So, today I have felt a very real thankful, realizing that so often I tend to take for granted things that can so quickly be taken away, my children, my family, my in-laws, breath and life!   

5 comments:

Gina said...

My heart sure has been with the Crawford family as a whole. SO much to be thankful for. A miracle in it's own right.

Gina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lani said...

Sending big love your way. I feel a lot thankful, too. It could have been so much worse.

Emily Olsen said...

I read this blog today and thought of you and thought it might help you to know others are going through similar adoption experieces. Hope it helps you,
http://redthreadlove.blogspot.com/
Hugs! Emily

Angela said...

Emily, this blog is wrote by a bloggy friend of mine!! Love that u found it! We have been in touch comparing our adoption issues/ challenges!! Thanks for thinking of me! I have thought of your family so much & all u have been through!!