We are Family

We are Family
July /2015

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Canning Season

Once again the harvest season is upon us!  How I love the cooler evenings and mornings, the milder temperatures, the start of leaves turning, the fog rising off the river in the mornings.... I really love Autumn!!  After long, hot summers, the cooler weather is welcomed.  Harvest has only begun. 

Our garden has been bountiful which I am thankful for!  Katreese's job has been to water the garden and help pick it as well which is great help because it is hard to keep on top of it when it is producing so bountifully.  Our older kids have had their turn so it has been neat to watch Katreese take a turn in the garden and take special care of it.  She has taken a pride in delivering the produce to me, arranged beautifully in a basket, or exclaiming with delight that the cantaloupe is ripe, or a little more grudgingly picking the eggplant, knowing that she would have to be a partaker in eating it when it makes it to the table (which she knows of a certainty that it will!)!! 

So now it is time to put up the produce.  It is a bit of a love / hate relationship for me.  While I don't altogether enjoy canning, I do love the feeling of getting the food put away for the winter and not wasting the food.  Our tomatoes have just been producing like crazy so Yesterday I canned tomatoes and today I made salsa!  Most of these pictures were taken by Katreese or Treva! 



our first peach harvest from our peach tree!
 
 
bountiful basket put together by Katreese

These cherry tomatoes were something to be proud
of because they take a while to pick.
 Picked by the Katreesem Bella, and Eden


 

No comments: