We are Family

We are Family
July /2015

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Treva's Thirteenth Birthday

Mark the day, November 8th, that I now have TWO teenagers in my house, under my roof!  How did this happen so fast?!!  It is crazy!  Yet, it is kinda a nice crazy too!  I love my teenagers!  While I miss (surprise it may be to some) my babies, I enjoy seeing my older kids blossom into young adults.  

It has been different for me, with Treva, then Cyrus.  It just seems like all of the sudden she bloomed into a young lady.  She sprouted taller, can fit into some of my shoes (!!), likes to wear my scarves (!!), raids my closet to her satisfaction, takes extra care of her appearances, spends more time choosing cute clothing to wear to school, or shopping, or church!!  This is Treva, mind you!!  She is our tom-girl, one I didn't think would ever be able to match her clothing, care if her hair was bumpy, let alone if her clothing was cute (as long as they were comfortable to play sports in was all she cared about!)!  Parents with younger children, don't rush it!  Really, it comes fast enough!  Yet, as I see her personality shine through, her uniqueness (like Cyrus'), I love seeing that! 

Last night as we sat together after our meeting talking, Cade declared he wanted to tell a story....one that happened thirteen years ago!  You see, the story of Treva's birth will forever be etched in my husband's mind.  It wasn't one of those wonderful birthing stories where she was born at a bed and breakfast (well, she was) and the morning after her birth we snuggled into that huge king size bed, snoozing and staring at our second born beautiful daughter (she was beautiful though).  After my first horrifying hospital birth with Cyrus, we held on to these kind of hopes with trusty midwives.  Well, thank goodness we were only minutes from the hospital....
It was not the blame of the midwives, mind you!  I hemorrhaged and lost a lot of blood but baby Treva was wonderfully fine with a set of healthy lungs that declared her presence while I was transferred to the hospital....went into surgery....had blood transfusions...and woke up with no one around to bring my screaming baby to me!

So, I took a path down memory lane:
Cyrus meeting Treva, settled into a hospital room
 where I had to endure hearing screams of another
 lady in labor nearby!  Notice I was still getting blood!

Cyrus and Treva on our first Sunday together.


LOVE, love this picture with Gma Doris
meeting Treva.

baby Treva!!

Back to present:
Treva's bday choice: pumpkin monkey bread!

birthday presents

travel bag

Can you believe how grown up she is getting?!!

birthday cake time!

All my lovelies together!

Treva this morning taking her "treats" to school that
 she wanted to make for her class!  (IN PINK "gasp!"

Me and my teenager!


 Treva - headstrong, persistent, hard-working, athletic, studious, fun, busy, caring, sensitive, natural leader 
I am honored to be your mother!  Parenting you has definitely had it's struggles, but your persistent nature will serve you well in the future.  I am happy that I am not filled with dread when thinking of the teenage years with you, but I look forward to them!! 

No comments: