We are Family

We are Family
July /2015

Monday, November 5, 2012

The Month of Thanksgiving

I just like November.  In fact, I really love November.  I think that Thankgsiving is my very favorite holiday.  A time of thankfulness.  Hot cider, pumpkin pie, candles, warming by the fireplace, scarves, sweet potatoes, morning fog on the river yet still delightfully warm days as today!!

Pinterest inspired me to make a banner.  I had some leftover burlap material as well as other leftover scrap material that fit the job!!  I did not need to buy one thing for my project.

Thankful banner



I layered a lighter material on the back of the burlap and sewed them together. I cut out about 5" squares and ironed the heat and bond on the material squares.  I then cut out the letters with my Cricut (storybook cartridge) and ironed them on the banner pieces.  For good measure and detail I sewed the letters on as well!  I used my punch to make holes and ran string through the banner and wa-la!!  Loved the way it turned out!! 

I also was ambitious enough and found the time to make a shirt for a special little ET princess that hasn't been here in the US (CA) for very long!  I found some newborn onesies in my scrap box that I had bought on sale a very long time ago and spruced them up for a special new lil' baby boy too!  What fun!  (Forgot to get picts of that!)  On one of them I made a little tie and the other onesie I put his first letter of his name with a button (sewed on very well) and backing!! 

picts from Haloween of my lil' princess helping me cut out cookies!

She was quite the helper with frosting them as well!!

Something fun I haven't done for a while!
 

1 comment:

Lani said...

We never did get Halloween cookies made. Oopsy. LOVE your Thanksgiving banner. And I hear ya... my favorite holiday is for sure Thanksgiving! <3