We are Family

We are Family
July /2015

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Last Fun of our Vacation

One week ago, on Saturday, we planned to take the kids swimming.  This was the ONLY day the Cove was open, so if we wanted to take the kids swimming, this was our only chance (besides one chance we passed up when we were at Casa Grande).  The funny thing is that they didn't even open until 12 noon and Cade and I were trying to pack up to head back home for about a 20 hour trip!  It was not the most logistic plan to go swimming and then head back home in the afternoon, but that is what we did.

Crystal and I went for a morning run together and it was rather cool and windy!!  It even sprinkled rain while we were running.  I spent the morning helping the kids pack up their suitcases and get the Excursion cleaned out.  I was very thankful for Cade's help because otherwise I don't think we would have made it to the Cove by noon.  We wanted to be there right when they opened.  Bereket was quite funny.  After we were all getting ready to get in the water, I asked Bereket if he wanted to go and her shook his head and said, "No!"  He sounded pretty sure of himself.  I held him and took Eden's hand and we headed in the water.  

I was very surprised that Eden was so unsteady on her feet in the water.  She didn't seem to be scared at all.  She was giggling so much but I didn't dare let go of her hand because she was so unsteady!!  It was her first time ever "swimming."  Bereket had a death grip on me and I had a death grip on Eden's hand but eventually they became more comfortable in the water.  Eden scared me quite a few times.  She had no understanding of what happens if she goes under the water, so a couple times she got some mouthfuls of water.  It didn't seem to scare her though, which I was glad for but then in another sense, I thought it may be better if she was a bit more fearful!!  One time Eden came down the little kid slide in the water and it was only a very small amount of water since it was the toddler area, but somehow she got rolled over in the water and I had to come to her rescue because she couldn't get her feet under her!!

Rob and Cade watched.  Cade was helping tighten
Eden's straps.

Bereket had a smile for the camera but he was still
at the water!

Cyrus, Treva, Katreese, & Auntie Crystal in the water!


Momma and Bereket talking about the water!  LOL!

One hand with Eden and Bereket on my hip!
We had a couple hours at the pool and Bereket was tired out!!  He was cold and so I wrapped him in a towel and gave him to Cade to hold but soon I knew he would be sleeping and I really wanted him to sleep on the road.  We went back to Crystal's, took showers, dried swimsuits, had lunch, packed upand the hardest part was saying "good-bye!"  Somehow, that never gets easier!! 


this picture was taken on our way out of town and the weather was def. cool that day!

No comments: