Today Bereket biffed it BAD out our front door. I didn't actually see him do it, but guessed that he must have taken a nose dive out the front door right onto the cement.... with his 2 upper front teeth catching the landing! He didn't cry loudly but of course I scooped him right up and noticed blood so I ran to get a paper towel with him in my arms. When I got to looking around in his mouth, I had a sinking, horrible feeling that he really did a number on himself!!
Then, the guilt set in. I should have been closer so I could have caught up, I should have made sure he was staying on the porch while I ran in to grab a kleenex for my never ending runny nose these days (allergies.) Can any other mothers relate?!! Truth is, I told him I would be right back but he decided to follow me as kids will do!
However, I feel so badly for him because his two, upper front teeth were jammed straight up in the fall!! It looked awful! I made a dash (45 minute drive) to the local dentist's office and Bereket did so awesome for them! Unfortunately, they don't want to touch it with a ten foot pole! They want us to go see a pedi-dontist! We came home with antibiotics and I have some hope that maybe the teeth will heal and come back down on there own, but now it is wait and see..... Eden's dentist has actually seen Bereket before so if he thinks we should come next week ASAP, we will but I tend to think he will want us to wait a bit (they can't do much with a lot of swelling anyway) and then go from there.
It's been one of THOSE kinda days!
![]() | ||
| These pictures were taken a few weeks ago wearing his Ethiopia hat WITH his two front teeth! |


No comments:
Post a Comment