I do remember well that I gained SO much weight with Kohlie and I didn't even care. I probably figured this was my last one and I had the rest of my life to get the weight off! Kohlie was a whopping 8 pounds and 13 ounces on the scale!! She was the plumpest, pinkest, healthiest little robust baby I delivered!! I felt a definite certain amount of pride for producing her..... and delivering her all natural at a bed and breakfast!!
Another perfect little baby girl was added to our family on April 25th, 2004. I know that Cade was a wee bit disappointed that we didn't get a baby boy (Kohl was our boy name we had picked out) but I did not even feel the fainest disappointment. I really was comfortable with my girls!! I was a little surprised, actually, that I was not disappointed. Little did we know that this new robust bundle of life was at that time most likely born with a small cell of cancer called neuroblastoma. Often times with children who have neuroblastoma, they are born with it.
Our sweet little angel was cherished, loved, kissed often. I remember telling myself this could be my last baby and not one night went by without me kissing her. Kohlie was also the easiest baby in terms of demands. She was such a happy, easy-going baby! This took some getting used to for me.
One day I remember her crying and I was wondering what was wrong with her? I knew she was tired. Finally, I laid her down on the front porch (on a pillow) and to my amazement she fell right to sleep. She was just trying to tell me, "I'm tired, Momma so please put me down to sleep!" From then on, I always just put her in her bed when she was tired and she went off to dream land!
![]() | |
| my sweet little tribe then! |
It's more than a little ironic that 4 years later, on Kohlie's exact birthday (one day after I gave birth to Clarabella), she met her baby sister for the first time! It was definitely not planned that way by Cade or I. Clarabella came early, knowing that her Mom was tired out and that her big sister, Kohlie, was anxious to meet her!
So it comes with such mixed feelings for me at this time of the year when we are celebrating Clarabella's birthday and then celebrating and remembering Kohlie's birth and her life and her last birthday four years ago with us! Joy and sorrow interwoven. God planned it so.
| Kohlie is seeing Bella for the first time! |
| She is happy but quiet. |
| Kisses for her new baby sister. |
| This picture says so much *tears* Nothing will come between you and I, Kohlie!! |
| Her big, brown eyes could say so much! |
| I never imagined having more than 4 kids, but I was utterly happy to be a momma to five! |
| Kohlie looks at Bella with Daddy! |
| So it was, Kohlie turned four years old and became a proud, loving, protective big sister to her new baby sister, Clarabella. |

4 comments:
I had no idea I shared a birthday with such a precious bundle! Hugs.
That was actually me. I closed it to sign out Karinda before leaving the comment. Obviously, I didn't do it right. :)
Amazing! We often wonder howyou did it ... and still do :)
This was such a touching post--thanks for sharing your heart (and those adorable pictures). I remember when Kohlie was born--because she was so close in age to my own little 8 year old. Hugs.
Post a Comment