This Wednesday we have the long awaited appointment at Shriners Hospital in Sacramento for Little Bear. The appointments was already delayed once, so I am really looking forward to it in some ways. Maybe the biggest reason is for peace of mind.... then I wonder if I will be given peace of mind.... No matter, it may answer some questions and help us in knowing how to direct Little Bear for his future.
About one month ago, I noticed that Bereket was jumping all around, very often. I realized that he just made it to the stage where he learned to jump with 2 feet together. He is FOUR YEARS OLD and just made it to that toddler stage.
It has taken me quite some time to gather all the papers / information together for Shiners on Bereket's medical background. I had to gather medical records from here and Ethiopia, all though we have very few from Ethiopia. I have spent extra time looking through Ethiopia documents, namely interviews that were conducted. One thing in particular popped out to me. One of the nannies that was interviewed from his orphanage was asked how Bereket's care was after entering the orphanage. She told them that he recovered from malnutrition as he was fed (although this was not true) but they could never get him to gain weight!! I found this so interesting since this has been a big concern for the doctor's here.
Anyway, today I watched Little Bear in his bright red t-shirt pedaling his little tricycle with a huge grin on his face as I was mowing. He has come such a long ways!!! I plan to take my youngest five with me and make a vacation out of our trip! This, of course, has set Eden off kilter a bit! I am hoping that all will go well...!
All for now... the packing needs to get under way!
1 comment:
Hoping all went well with his doctor's appointment.
Post a Comment