We are Family

We are Family
July /2015

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Fun Making Memories With Familybright

My brother, Tristan, and Monica had to leave Saturday morning which was a real bummer. Maybe a bit of poor communication, although they knew they were going to be visiting over the kids' spring break and that was their main concern.  Since they flew out of Sanfransisco, they had to get gone early Saturday morning and miss the surprise 60th birthday party we had planned for Mom.

The remaining of us were trying to not let their departure taint our excitement for the party but I think it was true for the adults that we were feeling sad they had to leave!!

Mom and Dad getting a picture with them before they leave.

waving "bye"

Thankfully, Dad was able to help us pull off the surprise party for Mom by talking her into taking a walk with him!  That is when we all had to get to work!!  I was very thankful for my decorating crew!!  I didn't do much myself but clean and prepare the kitchen and food and a few small details.  The kids all helped out with the decorating and had such a fun time making the place look festive!

Auntie Crystal was the outside coordinator!



It also happened to be windy on Saturday!

fun decorations

bright, fun colors!

"Why are you taking this picture?!!"

The 60 banner

Katreese and Eden detailing the poles

front porch 

Notice how nice the new fence looks (thanks, hubby!!)

Such a beautiful time of year with so much blooming!  Love my dogwood!

Lil Bear did his part by holding balloons!

And they walked back to this!

Dad barbecued for me!

Let the festivities begin!

Love how Cade's bow didn't get moved! :)

The surprise cake, thanks to Aunt Judy!!

Gma taking it all in -  another surprise!

singing the birthday song to Mom!

blowing the candles out

Inside the house was decorated quite festive too!  (My kids had a lot of fun!!)

opening present

The Easter egg dying party was following.

I was glad for the extra adults because I stepped out after this!!

2 comments:

Ethel said...

oh yes of course I recognize you now..thanks for visiting my blog..yours is much more put together!! love it..I will enjoy keeping up with your life a bit this way..may have to show Jeff your blog sometime! Nice to see you this past winter!!

Barb said...

Wow! What a wonderful time had by all! Looks so fun and fresh and nice! Happy times I'm sure!! Happy 60th Shirley!!