Katreese accompanied the three youngest ones and I on our trip. We made some fun stops on our way to Chico. Fun shopping and fun eating (like Cold Stone Ice cream!!)! Then, we enjoyed staying at friends' place on Wed even so we could get to the dentist office early the next morning.
We did spend close to three hours at the dentist office, but that was with three little ones getting x-rays, cleaning, and the doctor looking at each one. Then, they fit in something unplanned for Eden's teeth. The doctor smoothed and rounded Eden's top two teeth and put white filling on them to make them appear white and nice! It was such a super thing for Eden now that she is old enough to notice her bad teeth. Unfortunately, she has so much dental work in the future. The two teeth on both sides of her two top front teeth are not there!!! On top of that, her teeth are coming in all different directions!! UGHH! Next step: fix the bottom teeth like the top to make them look nice and then orthodontist consults to put a plan together for her teeth coming in!
Bella was proud as ever to finally have her turn at the dentist! She did great and had no cavities!! YAY!! I was reminded of the genetic disorder that Bereket has with his teeth. It is called amelogenesis imperfecta (for those of you in the nursing field)! Now, the interesting factor is that there is also osteogenesis imperfecta (they call it OI) that effects the bones and teeth. It is a genetic disorder as well. When I got home I looked this up and I am intrigued because Bereket matches many of the symptoms, including small stature and fragile bones. I have put a call in to his doctors and they will be ordering tests to see if this is what Bereket has! It needs to be ruled out for sure if there is any question. For now, I will not go in to this any more. I don't want to focus on it until I know for sure, but my heart is heavy.
Our trip turned out to be a lot of fun together and by the trip home, the little ones were worn out and so it was a quiet, peaceful trip back!!
![]() |
| after our ice cream stop |
![]() |
| Little Bear has a big smile! |
![]() |
| Bella is so big! |
![]() |
| Eden had a little gas to help her relax for her upper teeth restoration! |
![]() |
| BEFORE:You can't see very well the yellow in her teeth |
![]() |
| AFTER (she was quite happy to see the results!) |
![]() |
| Buddies in downtown Chico |
![]() |
| Rory loved Katreese |
![]() |
| Last stop before leaving Chico and heading home. |









2 comments:
Angela ... I was born without the two top teeth on either side of my front teeth as well!!! I had baby teeth, but there were not any adult teeth. I ended up having implants put in. They do the teeth implants different then they did for me 16 yrs ago - so that probably isn't a lot of help, but I do have stories to share if you are ever interested :)
That is so interesting Lindsy!! Good to know I can ask u questions if need be!!
Post a Comment