We are Family

We are Family
July /2015

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Surprises Wednesday Brought Us

Wednesday first surprised us with big, fat juicy snowflakes falling from the sky while I was driving the kids to school.  The first snow is always exciting.... but in October?!!!!  Well, the kids oooed and aaaawwwed about it so I tried to enter in to the "joy" of snow.  I'm from Iowa, though, and I have seen a LOT of snow in my early life.  I also was driving on slushy roads!!  No, I am really NOT ready for this.  Honestly, though, the leaves have hardly begun to fall here, I still have apples and pears on the trees, my garden hasn't been cleaned out,.....!  Nothing like snow to make a statement!

When I walked in the door after getting back home, I noticed a blinking message.  Usually I don't get messages very early.  Everyone knows I am hassling kids to school!  Anyway, it was my mother-in-law telling me to call ASAP!  What I learned next was that Cade was in an accident on his way upriver to Yreka.  Apparently, the driver that he met on a corner was driving a full size truck as well and was on Cade's side of the road.  Cade had to decide whether to hit him head on or go over the bank.  The latter was his choice!  The truck did hit him behind the cab and Cade rolled the truck with him and Ryder trapped inside.  Cade was able to barely make it through his driver's side window with Ryder.  They both were fine.  Cade had to get stitches for a gash behind his ear and he will be stoved up tomorrow no doubt!  I couldn't help but feel God's presence this morning.  He is watching over us!  I am left thankful, grateful, and reminded once again that life is short.

Cade had a very bad accident in our first year of marriage when we moved to CA and he started back to logging with his family.  This left huge fears / anxieties for quite some time whenever he would leave every morning and if he would be late upon arriving back home!!  I don't know why it is, but this summer those fears were brought to the surface again.  Death is definitely a very REAL thing to our family in losing our daughter and other close family members as well!!  I just wondered, though, this summer if it had to do with the fact that I KNEW I needed my husband's support system like I never have before!!


snuggles


Bella and Bear watching the snow


lovin' each other!

APPLE BUTTER!!

playing in the snow led to a nap on the heater!
  The last two things on my list to can has been marked off, so I am very happy.  That is, applesauce and apple butter.  I tried out a new recipe for crockpot applebutter!  If there is a way I could get a chance to can some more apples, though, I would be delighted to have more put away!

4 comments:

Gina said...

Oh Angela...I cannot imagine how your heart felt this morning. So glad this had a safe ending. Much care and love in truth. Gina

Gina said...

Oh Angela...I cannot imagine how your heart felt this morning. So glad this had a safe ending. Much care and love in truth. Gina

Jeanie said...

Glad he is ok! How scary!

Kylee said...

oh man!! Glad he is ok!