We arrived safely back to the US on Friday, with just a little bit more than 24 hrs before Bereket's medical report would expire!! Talk about cutting it close!!!
My dad flew out earlier this week to be with Mom and the kids, so we were feeling pretty privileged to have both of Bereket's grandparents there to welcome us home!! It has been an emotional trip to Ethiopia, with Eden's aunt's meeting, Bereket's birth father's meeting, the farewell ceremony for Bereket back at his orphanage, and FINALLY getting on the plane to bring Bereket home, not to mention missing my other kiddos and finally all of us being reunited!! I am still processing a whole LOT from our trip and not thinking very clearly yet... due to jet lag and sleepless nights because Bereket is still on Ethiopia time!!
So happy to be all together!!
Bereket was such a trooper on our VERY long flight home!! He came home with a cruddy cough /cold so his ears were hurting on the descents!!I was actually surprised that he did well with the kids holding him at the airport, although you can tell he was pretty unsure of everything going on!! He didn't have many smiles! I took only a couple of pictures here at the airport, so the others are courtesy of Christen Crawford!!
7 comments:
What a wonderful welcome home for little Bereket and so sweet to see all the kids taking turns holding him for the first time. He doesn't quite know what a wonderful family he's come home to, but he'll soon learn, and thanks for sharing the happy event!
Wow, you are complete now, how exciting!!!!! Get some well deserved rest now :)
Awwwww....so fun to see. We've been thinking of all of you!
Tears here! CONGRATULATIONS!! Couldn't resist to comment; brings back memories of when we brought our two children home........I've been reading your blog for a few months now and LOVE it! I'm an Aunt to T(your friend you had wanted to have as a nanny :)).......wish you all the best with your beautiful family of 6!
I am so happy for you all!!!
So happy that you are all home safe and sound with your sweet little boy!!
So glad you're all together now! Looks like those balloons really intrigued Bereket!
Post a Comment