I still can NOT believe it!! I got the call Yesterday that we have a court date!!!! IT IS JUNE 6th!!!! So, first off, I was surprised to hear we had a date already and second, I could not believe it is so soon!! VERY, VERY SOON!!! Can you tell I am a bit excited, not to mention, overwhelmed and nervous at the same time!!
What does this mean? It means that we have to be IN Ethiopia on the 6th, which is a Monday, to appear in court. That means that we will leave the weekend before and come home a couple days after, depending on flights!! The reality is, that we cannot yet buy our tickets. There is a possibility that our agency will have to post-pone the court date (if it is postponed, it will be 2-3 weeks later) because they are still working on getting documentation on Bereket's father, whom the mother said at beginning of the process that he was "unknown." This is not a problem for us. He is denying all responsibility of sweet Bereket. This just means more paperwork and, of course, more bills (money) on our behalf!
As many of you know, this time in our lives is very busy, so it will be interesting to see how this all pans out. Cyrus' graduation (from 8th grade) is on the 9th, for one. Our church convention is the last full week of May as well. The girls have 3 baseball games this week, the third one is tonight! Baseball is not over until June.
I'll keep you all posted!!
3 comments:
ah we are so excited for you all!!!!
wow! Exciting! Good luck with it! And you get to see them,right?
When you go for a court date?
That is GREAT news! I'm sure you're beyond excited. Good luck with all the details (it will all somehow work out).
Keep us posted!
Post a Comment