We are Family

We are Family
July /2015

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Fourteen Years Old!!

I find myself saying more often "Where does the time go?!" these days!!  How on earth is it possible that I have a fourteen year old?!!  Well, in truth, I get that question a lot.  Yes, I started early, but I cannot emphasize how important it is to value your children when they are small.  Not because I don't enjoy Cyrus now, but as he grows up he is changing into a young adult, and we just have less one-on-one time anymore.  I think, too, that those lessons learned at an early age are so important because they carry on into their teenage years!
I was feeling bad for Cyrus because this weekend has not been anything particularly special.  We have been on the go so much (especially with the girls' three games last week) not to mention the news of our court date, which brings a lot to look into (25 pages of travel guidelines.)  We stayed home on Saturday and got caught up some around the place and this afternoon we are preparing for a small birthday party for Cy.  He was happy for me to make Buster Bar ice cream dessert for his birthday cake and I was glad that I decided to go easy on the food.  
     Cyrus -
You are growing into such a fine, young man!
I am proud of you!
You amaze me with you knowledge of nearly everything!
Honestly, I just didn't care about knowing the details and mechanics of so much (at your age),
 but you learn it and retain it!!
I feel sadness for the little boy that I will never have again,
but in reality, I have been raising you to be an independent, responsible, caring adult
and it is neat to see that in you!!
I fear that next year I will be looking up to you instead of
nearly eye level, but that isn't such a bad thing.
I am glad you will have many people, as well as your siblings who will always "look up to you!"

1 comment:

Barb said...

Happy Birthday from us also, Cyrus! We think "back when" and it seems amazing that you are already headed for high school! Your mom did a really nice job on this post to you, nice picture, I'm glad she shared it! Keep smiling, learning, and growing...we're glad we get to be related to you two ways!!