I was grateful for the opportunity to get to go to a seminar on adoption by Dr.Richard Delaney with a great companion, ToniLynn, also an adoptive parent and friend!! We had about a 2 hour drive there and back and we chatted the whole time. I am glad to have someone to share my adoption "woes" with and who understands!! I am not saying that because I am having "troubles" because all things are going well for us in the adoption process, but just because I know there will be challenges ahead.
The seminar really did not apply to me in our current state, but it was an eye-opener for what could be ahead and I don't want to be blind-sided, but I want to be prepared as much as possible. The seminar subject was on understanding behavioral problems and for any other APs who have not heard of Richard Delaney may be interested in looking him up because he is a great speaker and has wrote several books on adoption. I can say that I for sure have more sympathy for children who have severe issues they will have to deal with for the rest of their lives because of irresponsible birth parents - so SAD!!
I also want to say that I was very thankful for the comforting and special comments that were left on my last post about Kohlie!! Thanks for remembering her too!! I have been exhausted today and I know that it is a number of things but one definitely is because of the grief I have felt in the passed while and since it has built up over a period of time and now I am let down after her birthday (not to mention a crazy week and weekend previous), dealing with sickness and fatigue.
1 comment:
Glad you can get help and have a friend who is going through the same process. It is always a big help to have someone to discuss things with.
Post a Comment