Well, my birthday weekend started out pretty crazy, which is no unusual. I had been trying to plan a relaxing weekend as much as I possibly could. It seems as though the harder I try to plan ahead, the less likely it is to work out (esp. as I imagine it)!! I spent the beginning of the week home with a sick kiddo (luckily everyone else has been O.K.) which kept me home bound, so I didn't get my grocery run in until Wednesday eve. before our gospel meeting (so I only had a little bit of time). I was too stingy to pay the steep prices for produce at the grocery store, so the only produce we came home with was bananas. I did the rest of my grocery shopping at Walmart!! On Friday, I got a call around noon from our ET coordinator, Brett, that our last document that we had sent to be authenticated had to be re-done!! EERRGGHHH!! I put a call into our friend, Kelly, who has been our notary and who has also told us to call anytime!! I met her in Yreka at the shop where Cade was running around, trying to keep up with their scrap / side business!!!! Anyway, we got that document filled out, notarized, & I went to the FedEx to get it going!! Needless to say, we didn't get left out of town at a very early time, so that didn't leave much leisure time in Medford. We dined at Vinny's for old time's sake and did enjoy our time together. We had to make a stop at the Gingg's house, where my birthday present was being stored!! HA! HA! This is what my birthday present looks like now moved into our house!!
The truth is, that we have been looking for something to replace the particle board closet that we had for the girls' closet. This armorie we found through the paper and the lady selling it wanted $400. My hubby, the great bargainer that he is, told her we would take it for $300. I think we got a good deal! I love the way it looks!!
Anyway, we had to make a run to Costco since I didn't get my grocery shopping done earlier in the week. It is amazing how quickly you can move along without kids, though!! On the other hand, I don't think Cade is a very influence when I am trying to only buy NEED items!! Ah, well!! Last of all, my hubby treated me to ColdStone ice cream. I wasn't going to do it, but ice cream is such a treat to our family with our lactose intolerance issues. We rarely have ice cream in our freezer. I did so enjoy.
We decided earlier on that we would not spend money on motel. Yeah, I might be cheap, but I like sleeping in my own bed. I left the house cleaned and it was enjoyable and relaxing to have the house to ourselves. It was quite a novelty, really!! Cade made us omelettes for breakfast on Saturday and he scored points, let me tell you!! They were delicious. Our Saturday was very relaxing and I wasn't in any hurry to rush to Gpa & Gma's house to get the kids. I knew they would be well taken care of and having a fun time. My one goal for the day was getting a long run in. Between the rain, the sun came out and I geared up and off I went!! On the way back I ran against the wind and that wasn't near as enjoyable as running with it. It kinda reminded of IA, in fact, where you can't go for a run without facing the wind!! I was glad for a good sweat with out being pressured for time, though!
Since my time is running out, I will let my next post be about our excitement last night!! Never a dull moment around here!! Between the bears, mountain lions, and drunk neighbor, life is always full of excitement!!
Happy Monday. Oh, and for those of you that may think my life is dull, check back soon!!
Angela
1 comment:
WOW, it sounds like you are living in Arkansas...not a great neighbor to have! Enjoying following along your adoption journey. We have 2 special ones that our friends brought home....love them and thier brother to pieces....My daughter dreams of going to Africa to help and make a difference. Hope your journey progresses quickly and is uneventful.
Post a Comment