We are Family

We are Family
July /2015

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Life From the Wild, Wild West

Howdy, partner!!  Sunday evening we were just mindin' our own business, when shootin' started up across the river.  I tried to pay no attention to it since it has been an occurrence in our happenins' of late.  Some crazy ol' miner guy has a bit of a drinking problem and then I guess he just has to shoot some rounds and do a bit of cussin' (which can be heard loud and clear across the river!!).  Me, being the Big Mama Bear around here, I just find my little bears and keep em' in our "shack" with my arms closed around them as we hear the shotgun shots whizzing by the house!!  One time I went to our room and took a peek in that direction yonder where the shootin' was comin' from and what do ya know?!!  I hear something hit the window!!!  Well, after making sure the window was still intact, I left my littles furthest away from the shootin' as possible and saw Papa Bear and Big Brother Bear outside.  I told them about the window incident (which later we decided maybe it was the gutter instead of the window that it "tinked" off.)  Gpa Bear showed up about this time to help feed cows and so he headed off with Big Brother Bear and Baby Bear (who takes every opportunity she can to go feed cows!).  Papa Bear came back into the "shack" as we talked and he ordered us to all stay away from the windows and to stay in the house.  Mama Bear had much to do, so I was takin' care of things and then Papa Bear steps back in the house.  He said, "I just got shot!!"  I said, "You what?!!!!"  He took off his HEAVY carhart coat and there on his forearm you could see a raised welt!!!  He was right by the back door when he got hit.  Now Grizzly Bear is not happy!!  He told me he was going over there to take the gun away from the crazy miner!!  I said, "Please, no...."  Grizzly Bear then takes off on his dirt bike, or, errr, ummm, his "buggy" to talk to Gpa Bear.  Gpa Bear told him he needed to call the law on him.  Five cops show up on our doorstep a while later.  They did arrest him (we watched from across the river) and found his shotgun, a .22 gun, and marijuana plants in his trailer!!  Mama Bear sighed a breath of relief and the little bears did not sleep very well that night.  The cops did find the shotgun pellet that hit Cade in our flowerbed beside the house, they took pictures, and interviewed us.  I took pictures of Cade's arm for proof, which I printed out for the cops.  Regardless, of why he was shooting, it seemed to be directed right at our house.  It could have been much worse!!  Oh, and the funny thing was that the ol' miner told the cops that he was growing the marijuana for Cade and his Dad!!!  We laughed hard at that one!!  Mark said, "I have been accused of a lot of things, but this is a new one!!"  Mark has bent over backwards to try to help this guy out - sad!!!
So, that was our Sunday night entertainment.  Not a very relaxing evening!!

No comments: