Another thing that has helped, is that I really would rather this come out now (sooner) than later!! Her aunt has until our court date to change her mind (OK, that part doesn't help my peace of mind!!).
So, what is being done about it? Well, a counseling session has been made for Eden's aunt on Friday in ET!! I hope this will be good for the aunt to have someone to talk to about her concerns / feelings! A lot of times the relinquishing party (the aunt) is not properly/ fully informed about what adoption means and this could leave a lot of questions and misunderstanding. We have also said that if we could / should we can put together a letter to Eden's aunt and maybe even a picture book of Eden's potential family and home.
I have also talked to our agency about Eden. I feel like we should know by now what Eden has been told about her potential family. Eden will turn 6 yrs old next week so she is old enough to have fears / concerns of her own about a new family and leaving behind family and all that is familiar to her. Whether she is conveying those thoughts and feelings to her aunt is another thing I do not know, but that would certainly be hard!!!
So, while this is hard for us, we know that we are not facing anything compared to what Eden and her aunt are facing!! In the meantime, we hope that God's will be done in this situation and we have comfort in the fact that we know he cares for each and because of that he can draw near to Eden and her family and be a comfort. If Eden's aunt does indeed decide to take her back, then we'll cross that bridge when we get there!
1 comment:
You've been busy since I visited here last. Enjoy following your lives a little closer. So excited for you and your race and the girl's hairdos are cute. Although, in looking at the pictures, I was also thinking... Hmmmm... maybe there's a good reason God didn't give me girls. I could never comb their hair. Ha. ;)
Post a Comment