This morning Katreese was asking me what she could take to school for show and tell. This is still a big deal to Katreese in third grade (this will be her last year) - she loves it!! Anyway, then she asked if she could take a couple pictures of Eden & Bereket to show! It was fun to see her excitement as I told her, "Yes, that would be fine!" Then, Treva told me she wanted to show her classroom too. So, they were excited to share the pictures today to their teachers and students / friends. After school I got the low-down from the teachers about how it went!! The teachers were excited to see the pictures, too, of course but it was fun to hear how the kids handled the questions, etc!! I felt very proud of my kids and knowing that this is truly becoming real! Katreese's teacher played with the lower grade students and they were pretending they were flying on a plane to Ethiopia!! Cute!! I feel very, very fortunate that our kids are going to school were they are.
I have been talking to Cyrus, Treva, & Katreese about putting together a little presentation for the school about Ethiopia. I think it will be a fun way for the kids and I to learn more about Ethiopia and also to give the students at Seiad Elementary a little better understanding of where Eden and Bereket are coming from. Cyrus suggested I make some food (we talked about injera). They have been getting a little taste for a few different African foods here at home. That's a bit from our day!
No comments:
Post a Comment