We are Family

We are Family
July /2015

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

My New Happy

I settle in to my "teachers chair" after our naps (quiet time) to a wonderful afternoon school session and feel such a deep gratefulness that I almost choke up!!  WOW!  Who is this person?  I have always been honest with my bloggy friends and so I just have to share.....!!

It's been around 3 weeks now that I have started a supplement but really it is a lifestyle change because it has changed my everything!!  I will be completely honest!  The last couple of years I feel like I have been going downhill in many ways, especially emotionally!!!  I was overwhelmed almost all the time, super stressed, TENSE, high strung as well as always on high alert (probably goes along with stressed), tired so much of the time, depressed, irritated and angry far more than I should be and was guilty about my actions.  As I have mentioned before, I wondered what happened to the person I used to be!!  My experiences in life have no doubt played a large part in myself!!  Who would expect them not to?  Two years of watching my daughter and helping my daughter fight cancer, watching and trying to accept what life had handed us in her dying, then death.  The grieving process.....  Then, add an emotional roller coaster ride called the adoption process to get our 2 children from Ethiopia home, and nothing could have prepared me for what we faced WHEN they came home!!!!

It's been HUGE!!!  I wondered when I could ever find my "happy" again.  Well, friends, I share this with you because I care and because I have seen remarkable results in MYSELF and that is not to mention results I have seen in others!!!!  I actually wake up feeling revitalized and looking forward to the day!!  I have been waking up at 5:30 each day in order to get a workout in and shower done before my big kids go off to school!  I am enjoying teaching my kids school!!!  Who would have thought?!!!!  I am loving to spend time with them and getting to know them each better, especially my Katreesey girl!!!  I feel privileged and so happy that things are working for us and my kids are happy to have a mother that is not stressed and intense all the time and who has fun with them!!!  REALLY?!  Yes, really having fun teaching them science and all that stuff that should be boring, right?!!  I have a lot of energy, I feel lighter than I have in years and I am!!!

One night a couple of weeks ago, we were laughing together at the dinner table and one of the kids said, "Mom, I think that stuff is making you happy!!" It thrilled my heart because I knew they saw a difference like I felt one!!
So, here I am today, finally writing in my blog (which I have missed, yet realize there is more important things) and telling you MY STORY because I want everyone to feel good.  Part 2 coming up....

my afternoon shake, and... yes, notice I am planning clear into Jan!

2 of my hard working students

ME, this selfie thing is so not MY thing but, we'll give it a try.  My Treva girl says I try too hard!

Here is a school pict of how it sometimes looks this time of year when things are COLD, COLD indoors in the morning, well, there is a remedy for that!  Pull on your robe over your clothes!!

  

2 comments:

Lindsy and Rod said...

So happy for you! What are you drinking?

Joann said...

I like your school room. Glad it is working out for you and that you enjoy your "teacher chair" =)