We are Family

We are Family
July /2015

Saturday, October 11, 2014

I Thank My Lucky Stars

Yesterday morning I remember very vividly saying my prayers to God for watching over my high school kiddos.  For some reason, I prayed in more desperation that morning!  

Then, last night Cyrus and Ira were headed home after feeding cows and it was pretty well dark and I was watching the clock because I knew they should be pulling in any time.  Instead of seeing a vehicle pull in Cyrus walked through the front door and said, "Where is Dad?  I need Dad!"  Right on the straight stretch before you get to our place Cyrus dodged a deer and wrecked the Toyota Camry (our little commuter car from time to time, salvaged at our scrap yard.) It couldn't have been a better place to wreck if you're going to since there is not any cell service on the river and well, it's the river road so there are a lot of places that the river is very close to the highway!!  

So, as Treva and I walked down to the car that they drug home, I found myself thinking, "I thank my lucky stars....."  Both boys were completely fine and then I began to breathe.... When I walked back to the house with some of Cyrus' school things from the car, I thought, "It was not lucky stars.  I know God was looking out for those boys!!"  Yes, time and chance happeneth to us all, but I was thankful for the complete confidence that God is watching over my big kids and is far better protection and help to them than I could ever be!

After Cyrus came in for dinner, I looked at him and he was covered in grease from working at the shop on his truck (which is why he was driving the car) and I said, "I would hug you....."  Yes, I paused but my big boy said, "I don't care!" and quickly filled the space between us and enveloped me in the biggest hug ever, which was totally wonderful and thrilling to me!!  I told him that I remembered praying that morning and we can all be extra thankful tonight for a God who is faithful in watching over us!!  He was solemn and shook his head.

the car was covered with dust 


No comments: