We are Family

We are Family
July /2015

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

The Time Of Year Again

SIX.YEARS.AGO!!  Kohlie left us six years ago.  She left behind a world of pain.  This time of year I am caused to think about her last days as I have mentioned before, which is very hard memories.  I have loved thinking, too, of the comfort of heaven and the closeness to heaven we felt in those last days....  Nothing can describe it!  I surely don't ever want to forget it and I don't think I ever would!!  Imprints were made on my heart, just as Kohlie's life left imprints on my heart and her loss.....

I was remembering how much Kohlie was looking forward to having a new baby.  After Clarabella was born, she was fiercely protective of Clarabella.  If anyone tried to say Clarabella's name differently, Bella, Belle, etc, she was sure to correct them!!  Well, I have been having a lot of memories.  I am amazed at all the beautiful memories we have with Kohlie!!  Truly wonderful, beautiful memories!!  

She continues to inspire me with her smile, her courage, her bright spirit!!  I thank God that he ever granted me her even if for a short time!!!


helping Mom clean her "tubies!'

she loved salty things, like popcorn, while on chemo!

one of my favs!!

with her friend, Margaret, and of course, her blankie, Georgie

with my mom at the cottage

with Dad

she was learning to stand again and getting strength back in her legs here

simply the cutest kid on the block!!!

hospital pictures, this was after transplant

spunky girl!!

pict with Gpa Mark's glasses on!

brave, brave girl!!

radiation time

happy to be home and with siblings

so much hospital time!!

one of my favs as well!!

Adelyn and Kohlie, same age

love to love and love to smile!

brothers are the best!!

goofy girl!

Auntie hugs

Yes, you won't be forgotten!!

3 comments:

Jeanie said...

I can't imagine the pain and grief you all went through! I still have the bookmark from her funeral and love the words on it. How blessed are we to have healthy children. Hugs to you.

Lindsy and Rod said...

Thank you for sharing the pictures and your memories. I can't begin to imagine what that time was like for you. In one picture you wrote "brave, brave girl" and yes she was, but I also had the thought, "brave, brave mommy". Hugs

tjp said...

Sweet post, thanks for sharing your memories and pictures.