We are Family

We are Family
July /2015

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Pressing On...Today and the Holidays

I found myself deep cleaning this morning.  I moved things around and swept the kitchen floor very well, mopped, cleaned the toilets, washed rugs, cleaned the showers,....  I caught myself thinking, "Here I am furiously getting things cleaned and tidied.  It's what I CAN control."  A lot of things feel out of control to me right now.  Eden's teacher is gone today and tomorrow, leaving Eden in a frenzy due to change and unknown... then I get a call from the high school about my eldest!  I am not pleased in the least bit.  Anyone else find that when things feel out of control that they tend to control tighter the things that they CAN and that are within reach?!!  UGGH, here I am still recovering from being sick last week which led to another illness... antibiotics... and we have been been so busy going to basketball games!!  I know I need to be resting and saving up energy and instead I am cleaning toilets.

And that, folks, is the rest of the story to why I have not been blogging lately even though I really want to get caught up!! 

Now, back in time a couple weeks (it seems like almost a lifetime)... in Iowa...with family and friends!

Val and I

Val, Steph, and I (both of these cousins lived with us for a time)

cousins, so glad to be together!

the fam

with my sis and mom and dad

Luke B. flew in to be with my fam.  He and Val, long lost friends

Val, Steph, and their parents, my Aunt Linda and Uncle Steve

My Uncle Greg, Aunt Barb, cousin Ryan, and his fiancée, Libby

Three of the four siblings with their mother, my Grandma Gretchen

Ryan and Libby, soon to be a married couple

No comments: