We are Family

We are Family
July /2015

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Iva Bells Hike Part 4

So, maybe I haven't done real well at condensing the pictures but it was an adventure to remember, so with that being said... here is the rest of the story!

Sunday morning we had to go back to Schat's bakery since we spent our first morning there before we went on our hike (and we LOVED it!!!)!  There was a very friendly man who took our group picture and I was impressed that he got the sign in the picture too!! What a fine group of ladies!!  


Our last morn (Sun) we met up at  Schat's bakery again!

Sue and I headed to Sacramento since the rest of the group was going to Bishop for meeting which was about an hour out of our way.  We were aiming to get to Sacramento in time for Sue to get to gospel meeting!  Sue and I had 10 hours in the car together (round trip) to chat and get to know each other!  This was one of my highlights from the trip.  Sue is an ambitious lawyer who loves what she does and has two kids and it was surprising how similar our upbringings were.  Her dad was a farmer, she was raised on a farm, etc....  We both also had similar concerns about the hike (getting cold was the big one!) and it was Sue's first time ever backpacking and my first serious time backpacking as well! Anyway, she will always hold a special place in my heart from our heart to heart conversation.  It was truly very special getting to know her.
Sue 
Here are a couple extra pictures I found that Heather took of me from her camera!
\


This was from the first day (I was still getting used to my pack!)!
One week ago about now I was probably enjoying feeling clean after a shower since being in the mountains.  Most of all, I just feel thankful for the break (even though it was not a vacation - smile) that gave me a fresh perspective.  Being in the mountains, surrounded by God's creation made my thoughts go to our Creator many times.  The timing of our study in Gn 1 about God's creation was very timely. In that chapter it said many times, "and God saw that it was good," when he looked at that he created!  As I stood in awe of God's creation in the mountains, I was reminded of these verses. What he creates and what we let him create in us will be good.

The conclusion to the story: Dare to be adventuresome.  You may find out some things about yourself you never knew!

1 comment:

Lindsy and Rod said...

Sounds like such a wonderful adventure! We love Sue too! She is a wonderful lady! Rick and my dad are bike riding buddies too :)