So, where do we go from here? Well, I have been down the medical road before and really don't want to go there again but I have to remind myself that this is different and it doesn't have to end badly!! Next in line is bone density scan, genetics counselor appointment to find out more details about his type of OI, and an endocrinology appointment to talk about future therapy to prevent broken bones!!
It's so interesting that now we have his diagnosis, yet there is still so much to learn and so much that we DON'T know about his particular type of OI, since there are many types. We do know that he has a less severe type, thankfully, yet finding out the exact type will better help us understand what his future will look like. There are forms that get worse..... It's something I can not control so I trust in God to carry us through.....
| Someone isn't so sad about it!! Notice his shirt: Boys will be boys! |
2 comments:
Oh wow, Angela! I hope you get more answers and a good plan of treatment for your sweet boy. Hugs!
wow! i just looked that up online.. that looks like a tough road ahead. So glad you are there to get him help!
Post a Comment