We are Family

We are Family
July /2015

Thursday, March 20, 2014

The Sun Shines

It is the first day of spring!  Welcome, spring!  Welcome, bright sunshine, yellow, green, blue, etc!!

Last weekend when I was in Redding with Treva and Katreese for Treva's tournament we had a bit of time to do some browsing in their mall.  I found floral skinny jeans that shouted, "SPRINGTIME!" to me and they were on sale for $3.47!!  So, my first fun project in quite some time this week has been making a skirt out of those jeans!

My Little cameraman (Bereket) had some fun taking pictures when I put him to the job!  



I'm loving the navy and yellow combination!

My yellow Kathy bag had to come out of hiding for the day!

Such a nice day to be the first day of spring here!!!

love, love how the skirt turned out!!


Lil Bear and I matched today and it was NOT planned!!  I must just be thinking spring... 

daffodils in full bloom

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just found your blog as a cousin of mine follows you and mentioned the skirt you made out of pants! It's super cute! Do you plan to post a tutorial on how you did it? I'm just starting my first attempt - still in the stitch ripping stage!

Angela said...

Hello, Julie! I have already done a tutorial on my blog. It was titled My Skinny Skirt and was wrote on Aug 29, 2012. I have also blogged about other skirts I have made from jeans (one was on 7-22-12.) You should be able to look up all my sewing projects under the label crafts. I hope this helps!