I mentioned last week that Eden had a hard time with my being sick and any changes / transitioning is always hard for her. This morning I really feel like something clicked with Eden. I asked her what it would be like if whenever I was driving (I have a 40 minute round trip commute to school)if I was always worried about having an accident and how would that be? I try never to give her any new reasons to worry but since I know this is not a new thing (This winter when we were going to our Sunday morning Church, we all witnessed a car in the river upside down with the wheels sticking out of the water at the edge)I used it as an example. Anyway, I asked Eden if I was worried all the time if I would be enjoying the sunshine and the beauty of the mountains and notice the birds, etc as well as enjoying my conversation and time with my kids?! She thought a bit and then said, "No!" So, I likened it with her and going to school and worrying about everything, whether she would make good choices, if she would used her listening parts, if she would get fed, etc and how she could enjoy her day and have fun if she was just worrying about everything!
I still am not sure that Eden control control her anxiety but I feel that awareness is always a good step to healing and change and even if it isn't helpful now, it may be something she remembers later on in life because I know the example I gave her struck a cord!! Anxiety has always been such a problem for Eden but looking at her history it is reasonably so but I really feel like she has made big strides.... it still takes time...!
I wonder to myself if the changing of the seasons effects Eden but I know it does. I have pulled out some short sleeve clothes and put away the heavy boots and traded them for tennis shoes. You think about all the changes that a new season brings, changes in the trees, the grass growing which means mowing again, flowers growing which means weeding the flower beds, etc!! Eden gets set in a routine and learns what works and depends on that so when all of the sudden boots and her heavy winter coat are put away and are replaced, there is a shift! One thing is for sure, though, if she doesn't get used to changes in her new world, she will struggle a whole bunch in her life because life consists of changes! Therefor, we want to find the beauty in changes!
| notice the daffodils in the ground cover peeking up! |
| daffodils are so delicate |
| Tulips are one of my favorites but they last for such a short time! |
| more color |
| this is from my sunny bed |
| The forsythia is in full bloom. |
No comments:
Post a Comment