We are Family

We are Family
July /2015

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

My Birthday Happened

Some things are better forgotten.  I believed this to be true about my birthday but then it wasn't all bad, right?!  I haven't been feeling well for some time.  Okay, I let you in on a little secret because that is all I'm saying right now!  

It is interesting, though, how frustrated I get when my body is not functioning how I think it should and could.  It is interesting how we think our bodies should be able to deal with all the stress, cramming, and ramming and so when it doesn't I get down right angry!!  The truth is, I am a mother of six who doesn't have time to be sick and to REST!  It's always a good time for me to remember ALL Kohlie endured and even when she had very limited use of her body and functioning, she embraced what she could and lived happily!! 

Yesterday, on my birthday, my dear husband was brave enough to stay home with me and take care of me.  Believe me, that is brave because I can be downright crabby and if you think it's not hard to do the house work for a perfectionist you got that WRONG! Well, we are both learning... still!!  Truth be told, he IS the best husband I ever had!! (smile)  

One of the highlights of my day was getting to sleep in while Hubby fed the kids breakfast, combed their hair (or ran a comb over the flyaways and sprayed!) and got them off for school!  I had a quiet restful sleep and morning.  Then, Cade made an appointment for me to see our massage therapist and he drove me there and back TOGETHER!  What I realized is that the together part just doesn't happen that much anymore, so just to be together was special for us (even if I was crabby!)

In the afternoon we went outside with the younger kids and picked up some brush and made a bonfire.  Just getting some outside air and sunshine was nice!!  The kids talked me into pulling out the hot dogs for a weanie roast even though I had soup in the crockpot!  Then, I had a luxurious hot bath with a bath bomb and soaked that up after the three littles were in bed.  

I was ready to be in bed by the time Cyrus and Treva got home, which was after 9 but Treva is practicing AAU basketball and has 2 practices each week so she had practice and Cyrus stayed to bring her home since Cade wasn't in town!  They brought me extra cheer when they arrived home!!  Flowers and chocolate!!  Cyrus says he paid for it and Treva picked it out and I think they were both happy about that arrangement!


happy Mamma!

There are definitely perks in having a mother-in-law who
makes spectacular pies!!  She just happens to
 know that Chocolate is my favorite!
    

1 comment:

KimP said...

Hoping it's a good secret...?