I won't get into politics but these fire people have back burned in several places and it seems that the desire to put the fire out is not first priority. Well, it isn't. It is saving the homes, but then what about stopping the fire? At this rate, it will be burning above our home, through our cow pasture. Thankfully, we are protected very well by well watered pastures and the highway and river are on both sides of our home!!
On Sunday evening when our family was getting ready to head home, the CHP wouldn't let us down the river to our home because they said the road was closed because the fire had burned down to the highway (I think they really back burned it from the highway) and so we had to take a long detour (logging road) to get home. After we were home Cade and I went up the river to see if anything was really closed and it wasn't but I am still kicking myself for not having my camera because it was pretty awesome to see it at night burning. Unfortunately, I think I will still have an opportunity to get some pictures!!
| smoky skies |
| the smoke is usually the worst in the morning when there is little wind |
| ash covering everything |
| trying to get the red sun |
| morning view |
| mid morning view when it really came in thick |
| driving back from Medford, it was clear and then when we came into OR and you could see the blanket of thick smoke! |
| Where it has already burned (this is taken maybe 8 miles upriver from us) |
| smoke still coming |
| more charred ground |
| driving and Treva took this |
| Last night this pict was taken from our place. It was clear because the wind had picked up in the afternoon like it most often does and goes upriver, so the smoke was going out towards Yreka! |
No comments:
Post a Comment