Yep, the busy schedule sucks out the pleasure and enjoyment of life if I am not careful. Yesterday was crazy as I was trying to get the mowing done before the rain hit. Thankfully, the grass wasn't too long but I got the mower stuck on a side hill (it slid) and couldn't get the mower to work in reverse because I don't weigh enough for the safety censor to go off so it kept cutting the fuel off to the mower because it thought the rider had fallen off!!! UGGH! I managed to pull the mower with our 6 wheeler BY MYSELF (and twine - good ol' twine!!) Little Bear enjoyed watching the rodeo (it took a while) since I wouldn't let him ride with me at the time! It did feel like a major accomplishment to get all the lawn mowed by myself before 1 pm and before the rain came. As I watched the rain water the freshly mowed grass, I was sure glad the job was complete!
As many of you know, I find it very rewarding working in my yard. I enjoy it! So, this morning I woke feeling frazzled. My silly allergies this time of year will wake me up sneezing before I am even ready to get up!! I had some extra quiet time anyway and I appreciated the beauty outdoors as the sun was rising. The promise of a new day can be a wonderful new opportunity but I can also look on it with a sense of dread.
Yet, I realized there is always beauty surrounding us. We just sometimes have to look harder for it at times (such as this when the busyness tends to overwhelm me.) I found this to apply as a mother as well. It is hard not to only see what needs working on with my kids and fail to see the beauty in their lives and others!! When we are not able to find or see the beauty we will not be appreciative!
| Kohlie's garden and a first -ever -to -bloom rhododendron |
| potted plants make me happy |
| morning light shining on the wet lawn and flower bed |
3 comments:
beautiful gardens!!
You have a very pretty yard! You encourage me so much with your blog! Thank you!
I am glad you find it encouraging!! That makes me happy!!
Post a Comment