We are Family

We are Family
July /2015

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Time For Birthday Fun

Notice I didn't mention a birthday party!  We celebrated Eden's birthday Yesterday.  I made sure there was no mention of any parties and really didn't even bring up Eden's birthday at all.  Some may think that is sad, but believe me, we had the nicest day Yesterday and Eden was quite happy with the surprises that Mommy had in store for her birthday!

Eden realized that her birthday was coming up all on her own.  I don't really remember when that was but not too much in advance.  She didn't ask any questions about a party and I was sure to not talk about having ANY kind of party.  I found her a very cute frilly skirt from a Goodwill (it is just like new!) which fit her perfectly and set it out for her to wear with the rest of her birthday attire, which was a surprise and thrill to her!!  She wore a pretty headband to school to make the occasion even more special!  (smile)

I talked quietly with Eden's teacher to find out when a good time would be to surprise Eden with cupcakes at school.  I showed up with Bella and Bear (who were both still sleepy) at the school with Eden's cupcakes and she was beyond thrilled to see me in the middle of her school day!  She passed out the cupcakes and we sang to her and all of the kids were thanking Eden for the cupcakes! (smile)  Then, Eden came home with us early from school which delighted her because she had extra play time at home with Bella and Bereket!

I had also made her a cake and had it decorated and put away in the refrigerator and invited some of our friends to come for dinner and birthday cake with us last night.  Eden was surprised and pleasantly delighted to see our friends show up with Treva and Katreese from baseball practice too!  We had a very enjoyable, low-key, entertaining meal (crockpot lasagna, homemade peasant bread, and salad with Eden's birthday cake.)  There was only one time I had to have Eden sit and take five beside me on the couch so she could regroup herself since she was winding up and getting louder (over stimulation and tired).

All in all, I think her special day turned out to be exciting for her and made her feel loved and special because she is without too many extra feelings crowding her "space" because of unknowns!

The handbag cake I made for Eden

getting ready to hand out her birthday cupcakes at school.

handing them out

birthday girl gets the first bite!

Bella and Bear where pretty happy too!

birthday party with some friends.  (Cy was not in the pict)

Singing "happy birthday" to Eden. 
Love how Bella is looking at her!

Also love how close Bella and Eden are in this pict!

blowing the candles out

Do you think this is happy?!  I think so!
 In fact, there are two happy faces in this pict!

opening gifts

new shoes

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fit a bonnie occasion wi a bonnie cake. bosies tae the quinie

Gina said...

I am SO glad her day wa special and not fraught with any over the top emotions. Happiest bday sweet brave Eden.

KimP said...

I'm so glad you found something that worked for everyone! I learned early on that my youngest would not tolerate public celebrations with her at the center (genetics, I'm pretty sure!). We adjusted her birthdays to suit her style and wishes and I've never had any regrets. Regardless of the fact that there hasn't been a party associated with them for a very long time.

Good for you, Mom! :)

Kylee said...

I love the cake!!