We are Family

We are Family
July /2015

Friday, March 20, 2015

Foot Injury

I have been very fortunate in my life time by not having many broken bones.  I had a broken arm when I was young when I stayed with my cousins and they didn't get the saddle tight enough. Then, when we were riding the horse and the horse started galloping, my cousin and I both fell off as the saddle fell to the side of the horse (my cousin fell on my arm.)  

I returned from my hike unscathed, yet days after returning, one of my daughters was climbing into the top bunk and lost her grip and fell on my foot.  I was not paying attention or I believe I would have moved my foot..... UGH!  


The night after

very swollen for a long time!

Sunday the bruising was more apparent as the
swelling was down more.

This was my hubby's idea for getting my foot elevated on the bed...

Finally talked myself into going to the drs to get it checked out
Yesterday, a week after the injury happened.
 This is exactly how I was feeling!

The new look..... (PS - that is not my hair in the back, it's a plant)
The diagnosis is that it is fractured, not only that but it has a special name, is what the doc told me.  It is called a Jones fracture!!  The wonderful news is that they are known for being hard to heal.... UGH!  So, 4 weeks in a boot!!  I was so not impressed!!!!!  Let's see... some words to describe my feelings,.... discouraged, frustrated beyond measure, crabby, irritated,...  I know, it is not life threatening, I should be glad that I will be able to run again some day.... I just have not made it there yet, honestly!!

No comments: