We are Family

We are Family
July /2015

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Life Goes On

Yeah, I just couldn't think up anything better than that title!!  So true it is though.  Whatever our circumstances, life just doesn't slow down for any of us!!

Kohlie's 7 year anniversary of her death came and went...  To prove my point, SEVEN YEARS!!!  When talking to the kids about summer plans I asked if there was anything they REALLY wanted to do?  The one thing everyone agreed on was staying by the ocean again.  I have found that the timing of Kohlie's anniversary is a good time (it isn't too busy) to make reservations on the coast.

I decided to leave Eden with Cade for a couple of days while the other kids and I went over and then Cade, Cyrus, and Eden came on Friday night and were with us Saturday and Sunday!  It was a nice break from her and as harsh as that may sound, it is true and it is needed for the whole family!! 

The weather was absolutely beautiful!!  We had a bit of fog on Saturday morning but it was perfect for running in!!!  Most of the time we didn't need a coat.  The first day we were there the kids and I drove a ways out of Crescent City and found a beautiful view as well as a fun trail that led us to a very unpopulated beach!!
 
On our drive to the ocean I stopped and picked a wildflower bouquet.


Us 3, happy to be by the ocean
Katreese, exploring at sundown
The view!!
Looking back at Crescent City
 
Our entry way to our beach
Bella and Bear had a blast in this fort!
The trail going back out.







Treva and Bear




walking back in on the trail Sat morn when the fog had not lifted yet
loved watching these 2!!
Its good to laugh!


We had to take Cade and Cyrus back to our spot!
 


Treva's photography!

 
We had to add to our bouquet at the house!
 
Treva took this pict of our family when we were walking back to the ocean for low tide.
Happy and content

A neat star fish we saw
 
Jump, boy!!
 
My big guy!!  So happy to have him with us!!
 
For now, magical ocean.... for now....

It was a wonderful vacation, worth every minute of the preparation!!  The only thing is I feel like I am only finally starting to relax and let down when we have to pack up and go back home!!  Maybe a couple more days next time?!!

3 comments:

Gina Newsom-Wang 💙 said...

The ocean has such power. I'm SO glad you had a few days to recharge yourself. I often think of you though I don't say so. Big Hug!

Gina Newsom-Wang 💙 said...

The ocean has such power. I'm SO glad you had a few days to recharge yourself. I often think of you though I don't say so. Big Hug!

Lindsy and Rod said...

That looks like a great place to relax and rejuvenate! Glad you guys at that time there! Thanks for sharing your photos!